L O S . A N G E L E S ▴ 1.26.11 ▴ D I S A R O ± Z A N E

Discuss all upcoming WH gigs and events.
Clint Catalyst

L O S . A N G E L E S ▴ 1.26.11 ▴ D I S A R O ± Z A N E

Post Posted

spinning at △ Ꝉ ☾ Ħ ƹ ṃ ¥ — an event for people who don't like nightclubs;

a nightclub with couches & a salon ambience;
a salon for guests averse to seemingly 'stodgy' spoken word performances;

two dramatic readings for an audience not accustomed to—
or necessarily fond of—the medium;

a medium that's indeterminate in nature & degree.
▴ ▴ ▴ combine, transmute, begin/again: a circle ▴ ▴ ▴

[ C H E C K . I T ]

&

△ Ԏ ʈ ƹ И Ŧ ༎ ㉝ ₦ , P L E A S E : There are several members of this forum who responded to the initial 'Call for D.J.'s I posted, though—much to my chagrin—only one whom I've had the chance to interact with prior to this posting. I AM NOT 'BLOWING ANYONE OFF,' NOR IS THERE ANYONE FOR WHOM MY PARTNER & MY INTEREST HAS DISSIPATED. On the contrary, "life" has gotten in the way of living more than usual, & everything—from writing deadlines to...well, F it: I'll spare the "tl;dr" with excuses, but feel obliged to state that I should have informed you guys the current line-up before you had a chance to see it. Sincerest apologies—I hope the turn-out for the event will merit another round next month, as it's our interest to showcase the multitude of talent & the various perspectives each brings.

A D D I T I O N A L ± C O V E R A G E ± A V A I L A B L E H E R E & H E R E

as well as for those who engage in

T H E E ± F A C E B O O K E R Y
kukhuvud

Re: L O S . A N G E L E S ▴ 1.26.11 ▴ D I S A R O ± Z A N E

Post Posted

Wish I was rolling, especially since I live in West LA, but I have too much crap going on tonight :(
T U N D R A

Post Posted

I like that: a night for people who don't like nightclubs.
kukhuvud

Post Posted

How did it go? I heard the venue was actually a hotel lobby?
powwowW

Post Posted

Yeah how did it go? It seemed like hella fun!
███powwowW music███
http://soundcloud.com/powwoww
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Clint - I absolutely adore you gif/images game. Amazing, how do you find them (images), or do you make them yourself ?
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Zoetica Ebb is HAWT and I love COILHOUSE magazine. Must have been a great event.
Clint Catalyst

Attempting To Post This Again... [ 'SQL Errors' Be Damned! ]

Post Posted

Alright, from the get: testing to see if it's the special characters [ i.e., 'Witchspeak' ] that are servin' the F-You

A-ha! S O R T E D , at last!

O.K., rather than rattle off some yawnsville list of additional excuses, I'm gonna jump right in with

The topic of GIF-Giving

“Make them [myself]”? Ha ha ha ha ha… Cute, but I can barely make my bed, even.

Actually, I mine them whenever I’m scouring the web.
It’s a fairly recent obsession, though borders on unhealthy nonetheless.

Some I find via Photobucket—which is where I store my own collection :

Get GIFfy
[ it's public & bb, I share, he-e-e-e-y . . .]

Here's some for your 'Right-Click/Save-As' Action :

Ergh. Hurts my feelings they're not uniform in width, but I don't know how to alter that in BBC.

Although other places I’ve found kühl ones include :

Dangerous Minds

Today and Tomorrow, &

Dump FM is amazing… [ also : Dump FM on Tumblr ]

Alright now, foraging ahead to △ Ꝉ ☾ Ħ ƹ ṃ ¥ !

re: a comment above, the club wasn’t held in a hotel ‘lobby’ in the traditional sense. I mean, I don't know about you, but the thought of that comes complete with images of people trudging through with luggage, a check-in desk, et cetera. In this case, Palihouse has a downstairs area with two bars, a kitchen, pool table, frocked chairs & all that foofy B.S.

Events are thrown there on a regular basis—award show after-parties, birthdays: sometimes it’s rented out; other times, a promoter works with the hotel.

Short of the long? Excluding one ‘outside issue’: yes, it went well. I wanted to do a club night that wasn’t like an actual ‘club,’ per se—on one hand, because of all the years I worked in them; on the other, for friends of mine who don’t like going to clubs.

Because of the press △ Ꝉ ☾ Ħ ƹ ṃ ¥ generated [ Nightclub ‘Pick of the Week’ & An Award-Type Thing I Was Given ] I was asked to do a weekly night at an actual club club, but I passed. Among other things, I’m in the midst of two different book projects—one of which is an anthology, mentioned in case any of you Hex-Heads might have an interest [ full submission details are HERE ]

Note that I say "because of the press"... In other words, not bragging but rather the flip: there are events much better than mine; it's just a matter of what and whom gets covered.

On the tip of 'whom,' howevs: thanks again to those of you who made the trek to West Hollywood. [ It's not one I make very often, TBH! ] Lemme think—if memory serves me, there was an △AIMON in das Haus, a M¥rrĦ Ka Ba, John from Das Bunker… & wait—was ʄ≜uxmuℭica there? The noggin' isn't what it used to be, kids. Whatever the case, holler if I didn’t mention you, kindly please. The three or four people whom I dislike don't venture to these parts of the internet, so I promise I'm not dissing by way of faux 'oversight.'

O.K., next?

Photos. [ Not exciting enough to garner an exclamation mark, 'fraid to say. . . ]

Some images from the night are available via media stuffs:

H E R E

H E R E

H E R E

H E R E

& the interview with Zoetica

A l s o ,

I have a few pitiful little photos of my own to post [ no surprise that I took a grand total of eight before that venture was abandoned—I get distracted easily, plus I hate getting the camera out of my bag, putting it back; getting the camera out of my bag again…YouGetIt ]

In the background, Aldo [ L ] next to Zoetica [ seated ]

Aldo Vento

Photographer Darren Eskandari on the left, & nope: nada clue what’s on the table—
nor do I know whether or not he’s eating something, or that's just an expression he made.

Mister Zane Landreth of Killing Spree notoriety

Disaro & Zane

Oh, HAI—it’s my boot. An image that's testament to the photographer I'm not, in & of itself.

But
WHOA: spent much longer on this than anticipated; need to bolt !

[ Obnoxious, as I want to speak music, maing! Back soon, & thanks again. . . ]
attick_dweller

Post Posted

those gifs are indeed super cool, particularly the 1st ones. <3 GIFS!!!