Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
User avatar
zin
Site Admin
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby zin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:52 pm

So the Part 2 is out, time to decide on part 3.

Theme for the new compilation: THE X FILES

what do you guys think ?

the series is FULL of interesting samples and ideas (noone says the track has to sample the music from the movie)

---------------


Another idea is SANDMAN by NEIL GAIMAN, again full of different ideas and characters, that can trigger some nice tunes.



Discuss....

Pe† Ceme†ery
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Pe† Ceme†ery » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:00 pm

I love the Sandman idea, personally. But then again I am a HUGE comics nerd. I think the x-files themed one will end in a few zombie rave remixes of the theme with a few "I want to believe" samples thrown in for good measure... That's just my opinion though.

Attending to something without a built-in sonic palette is infinitely more interesting to me, if I'm honest :D

User avatar
Nova Sol
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:26 am

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Nova Sol » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:25 pm

i'm not in love with either (though sandman appeals to me a lot more than X-files). how about a wider sandman-ish theme--dreams, maybe?

still not sure i'd have time to participate, though. i continue to be busy, and i'm still not sure i can cook up something witch enough.

User avatar
donaldf▽ck
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby donaldf▽ck » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 pm

i'm not in love with either also, think there're might be better themes.
how about "early spring" ?

User avatar
Arcanum
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Central California

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Arcanum » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Playing off of the idea of dreams, what about alternative states of consciousness in general?

Drugs, meditation, visualization, hypnosis... That sort of thing. Just a thought, though I do like the SANDMAN idea as well, great series.

dildos
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:39 am

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby dildos » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:18 am

donaldf▽ck wrote:i'm not in love with either also, think there're might be better themes.
how about "early spring" ?


i like this. specific, but circular and all encompassing ;) ;) ;)
♪♂ ♪♂queewwabbit.tumblr.com♪♂ ♪♂

Neurotic
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Neurotic » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Well I'm up for cooking something up for this, and I reckon "early spring" could be a good way to go, has some consistency with the theme of the last release. There's definitely merit in the X Files idea though, as long as it didn't just degenerate into zombie rave remixes of the theme music as pointed out - then we'd just be in novelty territory.
http://soundcloud.com/dan-wreck
neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com
Mood music for moodswings.

User avatar
DVCKDVCK
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 am

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby DVCKDVCK » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:27 pm

i used to read the sandman comics and go to sleep playing them out in my head as 'movies' and continue with the scenarios in my own direction. provided some awesome dreams for myself. love that comic.

User avatar
donaldf▽ck
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby donaldf▽ck » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:17 pm

but.. is there're a real need for a thematic compilation ?

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Anton Maiof » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:50 pm

I am in favor of themes as it encourages people to write music specifically for the compilation.
My personal preference is for people to come together and give their interpretation of something as it makes it interesting.

As always I am happy to master everything, but looking at my schedule over the next few months it is unlikely I will be able to contribute a track this time.

User avatar
DVCKDVCK
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 am

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby DVCKDVCK » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:19 am

what about rewriting the music to an okkvlt film or an exorcism film.

or having one of the more story telling talented wh forum people write an okkvlt/exorcism/etc story and we write the music to that.
each producer clarifies which section of the story his music is too. and the best for each section get picked?

User avatar
Mcll
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: romania via nyc
Contact:

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Mcll » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:03 pm

The thing I like about this music is that it does not adhere to a specific style and theme. I think placing so much thematic and structural limitation on it is a bad idea. I like the idea of the "state of witch-house". As the style is evolving quite a bit since 2010 and I think it is important to embrace that. Like my friends tend to say, witch-house, like the honey badger, really does not give a shit what you think about it. It just is. It just happens that way. Unapologetic and raw.

Don't get pigeonholed ;)

User avatar
Arcanum
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Central California

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Arcanum » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 pm

DvckDvck wrote:what about rewriting the music to an okkvlt film or an exorcism film.

or having one of the more story telling talented wh forum people write an okkvlt/exorcism/etc story and we write the music to that.
each producer clarifies which section of the story his music is too. and the best for each section get picked?


I actually really like this idea...

I'm a writer and filmmaker myself and would be willing to either make a short film or write some prose/poetry for the project, given the proper time and input from everyone else involved of course, something like a list of themes or events to be included, so everyone has a hand in the creative pot... So to speak.

Could this be the beginnings of the first WH.com DVD release? :mrgreen:

Anton Maiof
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby Anton Maiof » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:35 pm

Arcanum wrote:
DvckDvck wrote:what about rewriting the music to an okkvlt film or an exorcism film.

or having one of the more story telling talented wh forum people write an okkvlt/exorcism/etc story and we write the music to that.
each producer clarifies which section of the story his music is too. and the best for each section get picked?


I actually really like this idea...

I'm a writer and filmmaker myself and would be willing to either make a short film or write some prose/poetry for the project, given the proper time and input from everyone else involved of course, something like a list of themes or events to be included, so everyone has a hand in the creative pot... So to speak.

Could this be the beginnings of the first WH.com DVD release? :mrgreen:


this is an amazing idea.

~-(_DΔZED MΔRROW_)-~
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: Witch-House.com compilation PART 3 - theme

Postby ~-(_DΔZED MΔRROW_)-~ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm ready to go when you guys are! Lets make some magik! does anyone know of anybody that would want to make videos out of songs? I would like to have a few tripped out videos for my music


Return to “PRODUCTION”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest