Would You Consider FL Studios Good For Making Music?

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
‡†-S†radlin-‡†

Would You Consider FL Studios Good For Making Music?

Post Posted

Just curious to know whether any of you find FL Studios to be effective for creating witch house music and other type of genres as well...
Shtyro

Re: Would You Consider FL Studios Good For Making Music?

Post Posted

All of the DAWs do the same shit. There isn't one DAW that's better for a certain type of music than another. It all comes down to preference of work flow. Some people like the way ableton works others like me like the workflow of FL studio. Personally it just makes sense to me I can get things done fluidly and it was very intuitive for me so I've learned quickly on it. FL has a bit of a learning curve and honestly with out it I would have given up on producing a long time ago had a I tried to start in something like ableton or logic. Now that being said I am currently learning Ableton and moving over because I think a new workflow and having to learn where everything is again will give me some fresh ideas and a new perspective. Don't let any Fanboy tell you one DAW is better than another. They're all just as capable as one another. Hell, some people on this forum use Garageband apparently... (Don't use garageband for the love of god unless you're 12 there's no reason to use garage band) Ableton also has some nice native effects but for a beginner like you that won't make a damn difference if you can't figure out how to use them. FL is a really good place to start and you can compensate for any of it's shortcomings with third-party plug-ins which are easy to torrent and crack. All the stock instruments and effects in FL are garbage I only use it to arrange the sounds I get from other plug-ins like Camel Alchemy for synths and ohmicide for distortion etc. the reverb and compressor (Maximus) are pretty good in fl though I use those a lot. If you need some good plug-ins or help with FL feel free to PM me I'd like to think I know it pretty well and even though I'm learning ableton I do plan to continue producing some tracks in FL.