Program to make witch house

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
brutal-7

Program to make witch house

Post Posted

Hi I really want to make witch house whats the best program to make witch house with? Thanks for the tip.
TGE

Re: Program to make witch house

Post Posted

There isn't really a "best" program for it, it depends on your personal style (for example do you want to focus more on sampling or originally synthesized sound?) Pretty much any DAW that has preset drum kits and synths, along with some basic effects is enough to get you started, as it's more about creative vision that software capabilities. Some people on here don't use any programs at all, preferring instead to produce their stuff completely analog.

Sorry if this isn't the clean-cut answer you were looking for.
SOVLS

Post Posted

i use reason
dµ5

Post Posted

Thisisit wrote:I use lmms. :mrgreen:
Me too >.<
G∆LLERI∆

Post Posted

We (TR∆PZ) use Ableton Live and hardware synths/effects. You can use anything that you can load some 808 drum samples, that has synth/s and manipulate audio (for the vocal samples). I like Live because we can do it all in the same program and share files back and forth.

Whatever you decide on, just learn it inside out so you know what it can do and how to abuse it (and your sounds), have fun and experiment.
FuckMatt

Post Posted

I think FL Studio 10 is a good place to start. You can download the demo for free and there are basically no restrictions. It's pretty simple to use as well, and comes with a load of good free VST synths and presets etc. You can get loads of free samples and loops online as well if you look well enough :)
dµ5

Post Posted

I think that most important than the program, as TR∆PZ said, is to know how to use the program. Read the fucking manual. :)
I used Ableton for a long time, and is a very good DAW, I found myself very comfortable to work with it. All the loop thing is very cool to use...
Thisisit

Post Posted

dµ5 wrote:
Me too >.<
Wow. Seriously? That's cool. I might be moving to FL Studio tho. (Cause I'm going to install windows xp later on today probs.) :D
dµ5

Post Posted

Thisisit wrote:
dµ5 wrote:
Me too >.<
Wow. Seriously? That's cool. I might be moving to FL Studio tho. (Cause I'm going to install windows xp later on today probs.) :D
Yeah, good to know I'm not alone. I'm just getting into it. I was using Ableton Lite but abandoned Windows to return to Linux (works better for me). I'm finding LMMS wonderful. :) I never had much experience with FL studio, but I think that if you are going to use Windows now, will be a good deal if you try LMMS for Windows, there's a way to make it works with the ASIO driver... I mean, because you may be adapted to LMMS.
GrownShapes

Post Posted

Hi, so I'm trying to get back into music production but I need some advice on what VST software will meet my needs.
The only program I'm familiar with is Reason. Sampling and editing audio files is pretty much impossible with this software. I'd appreciate some advice on what VST I should try getting acquainted with.
Thanks guys
My soundcloud page is at http://soundcloud.com/grownshapes
c▲ndlel†ght

Post Posted

What is the best program for someone unfamiliarized with composing softwares?
dµ5

Post Posted

The only program I'm familiar with is Reason. Sampling and editing audio files is pretty much impossible with this software.
Really? I used Reason for some time and find it good for sampling...
You'll find VST recomendations on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1477

What is the best program for someone unfamiliarized with composing softwares?
So, you will really need to learn something. Different software has different workflow. Read something about DAWs, download the demos (or even some cracked software), and test them. People says that Fruity Loops is a good program to start, but it's a very personal thing.
c▲ndlel†ght

Post Posted

So, you will really need to learn something. Different software has different workflow. Read something about DAWs, download the demos (or even some cracked software), and test them. People says that Fruity Loops is a good program to start, but it's a very personal thing.
Which FL version?

Also, is Ableton Live beginner friendly?
culture

Post Posted

I use Logic Pro 9 with primitive music software for my own amusement. But I don't only make witch house. Infact, I don't really know what it is that I make. Just some of it turns out to sound kind of like witch house.

Logic Pro is pretty intuitive and simple to use. I heard from several people that the sound quality in Logic is better than Ableton Live, but the good thing with ableton is that you can play it live instead of "DJ-ing" your ready made tracks.

FL is simple too, I've not used it myself as it is not Mac compatible, but that's usually a good safe option for people just starting out with music software.
https://soundcloud.com/cultureo <-- Music I've made.