microkorg xl help

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
tommygabriel

microkorg xl help

Post Posted

just picked up a midi interface for my microkorg xl. is there any way to send midi info into the microkorg from garageband? i was planning on using the 1/4' jack to capture the audio coming from the microkorg triggered by the midi out from garageband. is this a possibility?
Emotive Cloak

Re: microkorg xl help

Post Posted

I don't own a microkorg, but I'd imagine to do this you would have to set up a midi track send it to your interfaces output then record the sounds from the microkorg back into an audio track. Does that make sense?, sorry its an easy thing to do but a hard thing to explain.
SOVLS

Post Posted

you can just plug it in via the usb port if you are using it as a midi controller
tommygabriel

Post Posted

it works perfectly as a midi controller, but what i'm actually trying to do is use midi information from garageband to control the microkorg itself. i downloaded a plugin that allows me to send midi out from garageband, but when i try and record the midi information is triggered too early for some reason and the audio isn't in time with the drum tracks. any ideas on how to fix this? im thinking about abandoning garageband altogether.
SOVLS

Post Posted

hmmmm are all your midi clocks synced?
tommygabriel

Post Posted

good question. would that be something I should look for on my synth or on my computer? perhaps both?