Live Group Learning Sessions

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
limbs

Live Group Learning Sessions

Post Posted

Hey everyone, I've been reading through the forums after gaining an interest in genres like witch house/chillwave, that sort of thing, and noticed a lot of people eager to learn but having a hard time finding the resources. Youtube is obviously number one if you don't have a teacher, but I think I have a better idea for those who want to take a more active role in their learning than just watching hours of videos, and dont have the cash for a teacher (Me, entirely)

I was thinking if anyone was interested, we could set up some sort of chatroom with the ability to transfer audio, perhaps a Google Hangout, or Tinychat room, and we could use somethign like Cockos Ninjam (http://www.cockos.com/ninjam/) alongside, in order to hear eachother's equipment. We could throw tips and tricks back and forth, teach eachother how we get our unique sounds, ask questions, get answers, etc.

It's just an idea. Lets get a group learning session going on. Is anyone else interested in something like this? Reply with suggestions and we'll flesh out the idea a bit more, and get a time set up.