Witch House Synth!

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
wereweekndlovers

Witch House Synth!

Post Posted

Alright....to start off im not really fucking good at this witch house genre....So what kind of synth do I use and how do I make it. Well the sound. An in addition to that I'm using cubase so....yeah.....fucks wit me on some damn ideas please. Also who the fuck can explain this music theory to me?
DWNS†▲†Ξ

Re: Witch House Synth!

Post Posted

no-ones gonna make your music for you.
or give you a step by step guide to making it im afraid.
get some samples, some synths. make some beats, play some melodies, experiment - its not that hard.
and if that sounds like a pain and too much work then you should probably do something else dude !
"Nothing shocks me, I am a scientist"
† BLΔCK WRIST †

Re: Witch House Synth!

Post Posted

You can use any synths, but if you don't know where to start, look into vintage synths. On vstplanet you can find quite a few free vintage vst synths that are good.

Once you found a good enough synth, you have to make it a bit more "witchy". You can do this by removing the lower frequencies, and boosting the upper freqs. By this the synth will be weak and hollow, so it'll feel a bit more old. On the other hand, you distort the bass more than needed, so this will give you a very unpleasant sound (for those who don't like witch house).

If you want to make your synths sound more rusty, eroded, destroyed, etc, you can use effects like Hardcore or Fast Dist.

Start experimenting with things. Witch house is a very free genre, and you don't have to sound good to be a good witch house artist, so don't worry about how it sounds. If you think it sounds cool, it is cool.
Watch my first music video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7nUScFtes