Thoughts on Native Instrument's Maschine

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
TotalViolet

Thoughts on Native Instrument's Maschine

Post Posted

I've been shopping for a new 16 pad and saw a couple of demonstrations with this (mostly Jeremy Ellis).
I looked into some videos of tutorials and whatnot about the interface. It seemed well made and well presented.
After drinking the cool-aid, I bought it, brought it home and have been astounded by the learning curve so far.

If anybody else has any experience with Maschine, could you please offer some insight as to personal preference in using it.

i.e. methodology on sampling, remixing, or producing with the hardware/software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dysanfel

Re: Thoughts on Native Instrument's Maschine

Post Posted

Buy one. You won't regret it. It is lots of fun, spontaneous, sounds amazing, and very tweekable.
THREATS

Re: Thoughts on Native Instrument's Maschine

Post Posted

I bought one after not having any real sort of background with this sort of stuff and liked it. I felt like it was an easy enough thing to learn by simply jumping in, and watching a few tutorials. You can learn quickly for sure.

After a little bit over a year of using this I started to get into remixing and that's where I realized that is you're looking to remix stuff it's definitely not the thing for it. I ended up getting an Ableton Push 2 and LOVE it. Having to learn another program / interface / hardware sucked, but I'd honestly recommend maybe switching it out and getting a Push instead if it's still an option!