iOS Apps

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

iOS Apps

Post Posted

Anyone experimenting with iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps yet? Just returned to iPhone from a brief stint with Droid, and discovered that there's a small selection of somewhat polished music production apps. The first one I've started to play around with is the Moog Filtatron. Just curious if anyone has tried out for instance BeatMaker or NanoStudio. Naturally these would only augment, not replace, a current set up; but seem cool when there's idle time just sitting with the phone avoiding an Angry Birds addiction. I also noticed there's a field recorder that seems decent.
PH△NT△SM

Re: iOS Apps

Post Posted

I use NanoStudio. I tried using BeatMaker 2 but it's unstable. NanoStudio is just better overall. It doesn't have many sample editing options but you can supplement it with TwistedWave, which includes things like pitch shifting and time stretching.
j∆ckr∆bbi†

Post Posted

All I gotta say is the KORG iMS-20 is well worth the price tag. Christ almighty this thing has a lot of options. KORG iELECTRIBE is pretty fantastic as well, not sure if it's $20-good but I will say that I enjoy it and it's much easier to pick up than the iMS. I also got ReBirth which I am still trying to wrap my head around and the less complex but very enjoyable "Synth" app which is amazing for only a dollar.

For an example of the iElectribe:
http://soundcloud.com/arborbarbatus/fifteen
iamthesunset

Post Posted

Not the best name in the world, but a new synth app has recently come out called "Addictive Synth". My mate told me about it, and some of the sounds you can make with this thing are fucking awesome. From filthy, dark sounds to airy, ambient loops. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out for £3.99 ($5.99).

Apparently updates are constantly gonna be fired out too, so i'm looking forward to them already.
j∆ckr∆bbi†

Post Posted

Another good synth app is SunRizer, I've gotten some real gnarly stuff just playing with presets on there.
DCΞL

Post Posted

[bump]

So I just got an iPhone after being too frustrated with my old Blackberry 9000's musicmaking limitations (as in, there are ZERO apps available due to hardware limitations.) Anyway...

Are there other apps out there that any of you'd recommend? Any examples of tunes (okkvlt or otherwise) done on Nanostudio, iMaschine, BeatMaker2, Morphwiz, or other apps?

In short: MOAR. :twisted:
iamthesunset

Post Posted

I thought i'd give this a bump, as there have been developments in the processing power of ipads/ipods/iphones. Does anyone mess around with any apps on these when creating music?

As well as synths, are there any actual music-making apps that you use? I understand nothing is going to sound better than doing it on a proper set-up, but maybe they can be good for just messing around with ideas, etc.

Thanks.