Critique / Feedback Topic?

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
User avatar
iamthesunset
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:43 pm
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby iamthesunset » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:23 am

Although i dabble quite a lot, i wouldn't strictly call myself a producer. But i just wanted to say that pretty much every track posted here is fucking ace. It's mad that there's so much talent in the underground, hidden away in the corner of forums. Haha. Keep it up, i'm proper impressed.

And teacake, the EP is quality. Loving the cover.

teacake
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Seattle, WA.

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby teacake » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks for giving my stuff a listen.

I'd argue that there is a direct link between the underground status of Witch-House and the diversity and depth of the genre.

Hipsters look for underground music to make themselves feel esoteric, the rest of us seek it for the richness and depth that can only be created in a community of free expression that isn't bound by the constraints by mainstream expectations.

Also, I'm so thankful to have found this boards; for over a year I've been looking for feedback from people who have a clue about where I'm coming from with my work, and it's cool that a place like Witch-house.com exists.

User avatar
iamthesunset
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:43 pm
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby iamthesunset » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:03 pm

teacake wrote:Thanks for giving my stuff a listen.

I'd argue that there is a direct link between the underground status of Witch-House and the diversity and depth of the genre.

Hipsters look for underground music to make themselves feel esoteric, the rest of us seek it for the richness and depth that can only be created in a community of free expression that isn't bound by the constraints by mainstream expectations.

Also, I'm so thankful to have found this boards; for over a year I've been looking for feedback from people who have a clue about where I'm coming from with my work, and it's cool that a place like Witch-house.com exists.


Pardon me, i don't think i made myself very clear, and probably shouldn't have used the term "underground". I just mean that i suppose it's a new thing for me to have access to this kind of, for want of a better and less gayer sounding word, "intimacy" with people who are making the kind of music that i'm really starting to fucking love. It's almost an honourable thing if you get me. Very inspiring, at least. But yeah i get what you're saying.

And i share your sentiments in regards to the forum. It's given me some pretty handy pointers and references. And it seems like a proper tight community. :)

teacake
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Seattle, WA.

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby teacake » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 pm

I whole heartedly agree. It's unbelievably awesome to be able to interact directly with producers, I learn so much just from reading what people have to say on these boards, and man oh man, so many freebies. My collection has doubled in the last week.

User avatar
earlyspirit
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby earlyspirit » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 am

Just letting you guys know that pale noir will be releasing my next ep in September.
Image

teacake
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Seattle, WA.

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby teacake » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:57 am

Awesome. I assume you're going to post it when it goes live. Can't wait.

Also, where can I find more of your stuff?

User avatar
m◊◊nlit
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby m◊◊nlit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:05 am

Teacake, there is nothing that I can fault about your production. I imagine that coming from the dubstep background might have educated you somewhat on the importance of proper production. I really like the distortion on your synths and the reverb on your drums. The only criticism I can even think of is the similarity of your synths, but even that is nitpicky beyond belief and not actually a bad thing.

I haven't critiqued anybody else yet, but here's a song I made about four-five months ago that some might like to listen to:

http://soundcloud.com/monteirozaibatsu/crush-on-you

I'm pretty proud of it, though I've become better with EQ and mixing since then. Not so proud of the terrible title pun.

User avatar
†\\w Ɇ₲Ø w//†
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby †\\w Ɇ₲Ø w//† » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Guys/Girls...
Well, I'm new here and I would really really appreciate your feedback about my first step in witch house.
Please tell me if it rocks or if it sucks.

The sound is raw and vocals are by myself, it's a premix...

Here it is : https://soundcloud.com/no-ego/my-witch

ѦPѺLLYѺN'S ▼ISѦGE
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:52 pm
Location: Edmonton Canada
Contact:

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby ѦPѺLLYѺN'S ▼ISѦGE » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:51 pm

†\\w Ɇ₲Ø w//† wrote:Hi Guys/Girls...
Well, I'm new here and I would really really appreciate your feedback about my first step in witch house.
Please tell me if it rocks or if it sucks.

The sound is raw and vocals are by myself, it's a premix...

Here it is : https://soundcloud.com/no-ego/my-witch



I dig this, i love the power noise influence mixed with witchy synths and vocals. This is something I would listen to when photoshopping or relaxing.

User avatar
†\\w Ɇ₲Ø w//†
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby †\\w Ɇ₲Ø w//† » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:56 am

Thanks. Really appreciate you took time to listen to it.
Your sound is really deep. Really like it.
I used to make that kind of sound during long days photoshoping too...

User avatar
† BLΔCK WRIST †
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:31 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby † BLΔCK WRIST † » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 am

I'd love to receive some constructive criticism on my music video for my most popular track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7nUScFtes

I think by now I figured out what are those things that doesn't quite work in the music and in the video, but I'd like to hear your opinion too. Thanks!
Watch my first music video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7nUScFtes

User avatar
ƽίгεɳƽ ʒ ƽѧτyгƽ
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby ƽίгεɳƽ ʒ ƽѧτyгƽ » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:14 am

† BLΔCK WRIST † wrote:I'd love to receive some constructive criticism on my music video for my most popular track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7nUScFtes

I think by now I figured out what are those things that doesn't quite work in the music and in the video, but I'd like to hear your opinion too. Thanks!

i like the visuals, the underwater theme is really interesting, real bottom dweller kind of shit.
cant wait to hear more from you

rv1nbxvv
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby rv1nbxvv » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:56 pm


Silent Spells
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:31 am

Re: Critique / Feedback Topic?

Postby Silent Spells » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Hey all, here is a track I made yesterday, any feedback would be great !

Will post with feedback on a few tracks in a couple min after ive listened to them.

https://soundcloud.com/c-ve-eyes/gho-tr-pe-1
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/c-ve-eyes/soundcloud]


Return to “PRODUCTION”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest