Videos

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
iamthesunset

Videos

Post Posted

So, i realised there hasn't been much chat about how people are making/editing videos, at least as long as i've been lurking and posting anyway. I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers for beginners such as myself, in terms of editing/filtering etc. It's something i've always wanted to get into, and without sounding like a dickhead, i'm bursting with ideas in this field, i just don't have the "know-how" from a technical standpoint.
earlyspirit

Re: Videos

Post Posted

I'm a bit in the same boat. Anybody know any good opensource software for video editing?
iamthesunset

Post Posted

j∆ckr∆bbi† wrote:Maybe http://b-l-a-c-k-o-p.com/ ?
Thanks man, some of those are pretty awesome actually. Especially for doing those witch-y type videos ala Phantasma. :)

Any one else know of any others? Even just for editing colours, seamless splicing, etc.
Shtyro

Post Posted

Anyone know of a good place to get stock footage? Sort of like freesound.org but with video where people just upload tons of home videos etc. for others to edit and what not for music videos? Also why open source? Just crack adobe premiere or something.
Wh†sk3r

Post Posted

iamthesunset wrote:So, i realised there hasn't been much chat about how people are making/editing videos, at least as long as i've been lurking and posting anyway. I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers for beginners such as myself, in terms of editing/filtering etc. It's something i've always wanted to get into, and without sounding like a dickhead, i'm bursting with ideas in this field, i just don't have the "know-how" from a technical standpoint.
subscribe to every word. if someone is not difficult, make video work in FL studio for beginners:)
† BLΔCK WRIST †

Post Posted

Well, I'm new to producing videos, I only have one so far, but I'll share my little knowledge with you:

By the way, this is my music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7nUScFtes

1. Download, I mean buy adobe premiere and after effects (of course you can use other programs, but this is what I use). Take your time to sit through all the basic tutorials, and then some more.
2. Once you understand how the programs work you can start gathering footage (or recording).
3. If you want to put together a music video using footage recorded by other people start browsing on youtube, saving every single clip that looks good. Arrange your stuff, you might end up with hundreds of videos.
4. Download those videos.
5. Put them together in premiere. On the audio channel there should be your song, so you can edit your footage to fit to your song.
6. Export that, then you can apply some really cool effects in adobe after effects.

What effects should you use? Anything you want. It is a witch house video, it doesn't have to look good. You can fuck with the colors all you want, you can compress the video image until you can barely see what's going on. You can record the whole thing with an old vhs cam. You can export the video, play it on an old crt monitor and record it with your camera. You can fill your video with errors and intentional glitches and shitty gifs and all that. If your music sounds dirty your video should look dirty too. Whatever weird, fucked up idea you have, make it happen.

The key is to really make it, because nobody will like a video that only exists in your head.

Oh, and we don't really have much witch house music videos, so we should really get our shit together. There are so many possibilities.
Watch my first music video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7nUScFtes
chvrchofnoOne

Post Posted

i just rip old obscure vhs and edit it through windows live movie maker theres tons of weird shit on the interwebs waiting to be edited into a music vid..

heres one of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7i8kQzR0o
lesbian jailbait

Post Posted

Not really into making vids anymore, but since I have some experience, I'll recommend Vegas as a video editor.

I always found it easy to use, although we did use acid as our daw before using vegas, so maybe that's why.

but i've also heard of a lot of other people using vegas (it used to be very popular for counterstrike frag vids, if you've seen those).

so maybe there's more to it.