I Want To Do Some Remixes!

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
teacake

I Want To Do Some Remixes!

Post by teacake »

I really want to do some remixes and I'm looking for people who'd be up for letting me do them. If you're interested, post a link to the track here and we'll go from there.

Examples of my work can be found in my signature.
j∆ckr∆bbi†

Re: I Want To Do Some Remixes!

Post by j∆ckr∆bbi† »

You can remix anything of mine you want, just let me know which track appeals the most.
http://soundcloud.com/arborbarbatus

I can e-mail the track you want to you.
teacake

Post by teacake »

I've actually been slowly working my way through your stuff for the last day or two, definitely no shortage of cool tunes to remix.
Nova Sol

Post by Nova Sol »

i've actually been thinking about tryïng to get some remixes together, i've just had too much on my plate to think about it too much. i posted links to three ov my albums in another thread, but i've also done some loop-package remix kits: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b737 ... uaw4rvda,1
0hPeee

Post by 0hPeee »

loop-package remix kits
what does that mean exacty?
teacake

Post by teacake »

I've yet to download Nova's kit, but normally when I make kits they either have the midi files for the melodies I used, or individually recorded loops of the various instruments and samples I used in the track.
Nova Sol

Post by Nova Sol »

the kits i make have the various loops for whatever song it's a kit for--a few ov them (like 'osoi houkai') also have some ov the non-looped samples from the finished mix.
0hPeee

Post by 0hPeee »

ah okay.. so it's parts set up for remixing then... right?
teacake

Post by teacake »

It's the song deconstructed so someone else can come along and reinterpret it.

A friend of mine used to be in the habit of asking people to remix his tracks before he'd released them. He'd give out kits and you had to kind of guess what the complete track was like from what was in the kit. He did this so that the remixes would be as far from the influence of the original tracks as possible, and it always achieved really awesome results.

One time I got a kit from him that just had a 32 bar midi file for a lead melody and a movie dialogue sample in it haha.
j∆ckr∆bbi†

Post by j∆ckr∆bbi† »

Teacake, I've got a kit for an unreleased track if you feel up to it. ;)
teacake

Post by teacake »

Yes yes a thousand times YES!
Nova Sol

Post by Nova Sol »

teacake wrote:It's the song deconstructed so someone else can come along and reinterpret it.

A friend of mine used to be in the habit of asking people to remix his tracks before he'd released them. He'd give out kits and you had to kind of guess what the complete track was like from what was in the kit. He did this so that the remixes would be as far from the influence of the original tracks as possible, and it always achieved really awesome results.

One time I got a kit from him that just had a 32 bar midi file for a lead melody and a movie dialogue sample in it haha.
i did that with a couple ov singles, and got some fun results.
teacake

Post by teacake »

Been messing around with stuff by both j∆ckr∆bbi† and Nova Sol for the last couple of days... Something I'm quickly learning is that it's a hell of a lot easier to remix something that has a lead melody. Thus far all I'm really come up with are originals tracks that sample loops from the two kits... I donno, I'll have to approach this differently than I normally would, because I'm not really satisfied with what I've put together thus far.
Nova Sol

Post by Nova Sol »

i probably should've warned you about that--i know about as much music theory as your average ant-bear, and my nova sol work was never intended to be anything but hypnagogic ambient noise.
teacake

Post by teacake »

That explains a lot haha.