Mixes, what are you using to get this done?

Production, hardware & technical - tips and tricks.
Paradise Lost

Mixes, what are you using to get this done?

Post Posted

I wanted to discuss this separate from my sony issue.

Most of everyone thats obsessed with the production of electronic music in general love to make mixes.

I was using Sony Acid, and used it back when I was called Sonic Foundry or something, can't remember now what it was called before Sony took it over.

I was mostly a vinyl dj back in the day and owned Technique 1210's, unfortunately with tough times, I had to sell them, but I still collect vinyl when I can and prefer to mix records and record them on the computer.

This isn't an option right now. What program does everyone use to make their mixes? Please discuss. I'm looking for an alternative until I can get my sony products installed.

cheers in advance!
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Re: Mixes, what are you using to get this done?

Post Posted

I use Traktor with an S4. Got my 1200s hooked up through that as well.
Nova Sol

Post Posted

i use a combination ov audacity, sawcutter 2.0, and FLstudio.
Paradise Lost

Post Posted

Nova Sol, can you give me some hints on what you use FLstudio for mixes? I'm used it for making songs a long time ago. Curious what you are doing.

Thanks guys for the replies. I will check into those apps.
daterape

Post Posted

1. Ableton Live for 'studio' mix.

2. Traktor 2 for live mix ( out to external mixer - and controlled by cheap Denon DN-SC200 )

Cheap and robust. And does both decks in one unit if yu space starved, which my desk is.
Link http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/djin ... 381/review
Once, cold held up her whole world ∴
http://daterape.bandcamp.com/
http://daterapemusic.com
Nova Sol

Post Posted

Paradise Lost wrote:Nova Sol, can you give me some hints on what you use FLstudio for mixes? I'm used it for making songs a long time ago. Curious what you are doing.

honestly, i think i may've misunderstood you--it looks like you meant DJ mixes or mix tapes, but i initially read it as remixes, which i realize is a completely different monster, so i apologize for the confusion.

if my experience remixing is useful, though, i mostly use FLstudio to sequence and arrange anything that's dempo-dependent.
killsaly

Post Posted

acid or Reaper, depending on what style of music
Paradise Lost

Post Posted

Nova Sol wrote:
Paradise Lost wrote:Nova Sol, can you give me some hints on what you use FLstudio for mixes? I'm used it for making songs a long time ago. Curious what you are doing.

honestly, i think i may've misunderstood you--it looks like you meant DJ mixes or mix tapes, but i initially read it as remixes, which i realize is a completely different monster, so i apologize for the confusion.

if my experience remixing is useful, though, i mostly use FLstudio to sequence and arrange anything that's dempo-dependent.
Yep, I was speaking of dj mixes. I apprecite everyones info. This post have given me several ideas of things to get into production-wise. It sux in the us as far as the economy for a an amature producer. I have been struggling just to keep a roof over my head. Things are getting a little bit better and hope to get back to music business.

Hope everyone is doing well!