Witch-House.com presents: THE TIMELINE

The Archive is a place dedicated to documenting and preserving the history of Witch House.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Today I'm happy to officially reveal my new project I've been working on for the past week (tbh I've been trying to archive and document the witch house movement since 2010, mostly using Discogs database):

http://witch-house.com/thetimeline/

This website is an ongoing project curated by witch-house.com aiming to archive the history of the witch house music, art and online subculture. Over the years multiple people have tried to take the credit for creating the witch house term / genre. To counter some of those (false) claims, I decided to create a website that will try to accurately present the timeline of events that led to the formation of this phenomenon. Each event described on the website is supported with a proof-link, to confirm its authenticity and occurence date to avoid confusion.

The Timeline is FAR from being even close to complete, so please don't be surprised if something is missing out. I'm in the process of organising interviews with many of the scene's main figures to clarify details about it.

Currently my focus is on documenting the years 2006-2010, but I will expand the website later on.

If the date could not be fully confirmed, I've skipped the day and entered month only.

If you find any mistakes or typos, please post them here.

CALL FOR HELP:
If you have or know of any materials that would benefit the timeline (be it online articles, printed magazine features, photos, flyers, interviews, updates on dates, etc), please share them with the community in The Archive forum. Likewise, if you have any suggestions about The Timeline, please post you thoughts there.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Witch-House.com presents: THE TIMELINE

Post Posted

Update:

Added a handful of Antonio Urdiales entries + introduced the navigation menu on the top that lets the user select which pieces of timeline they want to see (it will come handy when the timeline gets bigger and bigger). I'm planning to expand it to shuffle between years as well, but that's in the future.

Edit.

Added a few bits from Modern Witch and Pictureplane.