Ice - CD-R (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
icefile9

Ice - CD-R (2011)

Post by icefile9 »

Ice- CD-R and Plexiglass 7"

https://soundcloud.com/rick-deckard-sfpd/sets/ep

1. Gardens are lonely
2. Chapterhouse
3. Chasm
4. Replicant
5. Cold Cold

Plexiglass 7"
https://soundcloud.com/rick-deckard-sfp ... exiglass-7

Enjoy!
dirtypharms

Re: Ice - CD-R/Plexiglass 7"

Post by dirtypharms »

I¢e punk trendin. stay i¢y niggaz
☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿DRRTY SWVG☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿
icefile9

Post by icefile9 »

Not really "trending". It is cool that our two bands share one word in common though. Maybe do a below freezing split? Love your elegant use of racial slurs! Anyway, the ice is the only thing the two bands really have in common and we were named that before we heard of ice punk. Ice Punk is super cool sounding though! Come to NH and play a show maybe?
dirtypharms

Post by dirtypharms »

lol nonsense
icefile9

Post by icefile9 »

lol - figured as much.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post by mis†er_elec†ric »

Is this the advent of Ice House?
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
icefile9

Post by icefile9 »

Maybe... ...(Isn't that a beer)
Maybe it requires some explanation. Really what we are doing as a band is keep a strict schedule of practicing live, recording and playing shows. All the money we have made so far has gone directly back into printing and pressing our CD-R and seven inch. We worked really hard on them and hopefully they reach the ears of others and greet them kindly. Our band is a three piece and we call ourselves "Ice" merely out of need for a name. As much as I like the idea of inventing a genre, I don't think that is what we achieve. A love for witch-house and other types of experimental creepiness is what we are keen on and this is all. Much thanks to anyone who took the time to actually listen to the music associated with this post. Both the CD-R and the 7" are live records. The CD-R is painted gold with a laminate sleeve and the artwork posted with 2 inserts. The "Plexiglass 7inch" is a hand lathed record pressed on plexiglass with the art posted in a laminate insert with canvas sleeves and a poster with the insert. Right now we are working on a split with a band called galaxy channel, a tape release on a record label called hidden temple, another CD-R and another Tape release on our label (advanced mercantiles) and a hand lathed acetate 10". If anybody would like to download copies of any of this stuff then please PM us and we will surely send an MP3 bomb to your specified E-Mail. We are trying to be a hard working band and any questions/inquiry or constructive feedback (positive/negative) will be met with serious answers and a positive attitude. If you feel like trolling us on forums then it probably won't yield the desired results as we will answer your questions respectfully and not lose our "Ice" cool! THX. Witch House RULES! Keep it ghosted!
dirtypharms

Post by dirtypharms »

i'm actually totally down for a below freezing split. soon the icepunk/coldrave movement will be all over the mainstream radio! we takin over like ice on rice
icefile9

Post by icefile9 »

I have to talk to the other ladies but I'm pretty sure we would be into that. What medium were you thinking? Have this lathe here for records but its not the best of quality. CD-R's are sweet and tapes are lovely... art? any ideas/maybe a band photo on top of mt st. helens? What will the music aesthetic be? We do alot of stuff ranging from ambient to slambient. For gear we use a gameboy with lsdj, a korg monotron, an atari punk console, a dx-7 and a microkorg as well as an autotuner and groove box. Pretty cheap stuff all and all but mega effective. Boulder Colorado is Icy as hell.
dirtypharms

Post by dirtypharms »

i suppose cd would be best, since i am using software. i think music aesthetics should be cold
icefile9

Post by icefile9 »

We should see if these guys want to join us on this endeavor...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_of_Ice
Haha, seriously though, are there any other "Icy" bands on this forum that would be into contributing to this? Maybe a colder than a witches tit comp?
collergeo

Post by collergeo »

Stunning work!! Two in one is a very attractive figure. I think, I should come to NH to play a show. Ice punk really sounds good.
icefile9

Post by icefile9 »

Thanks and thanks! Yeah, we handcut/handmake our own stuff. We have like 5 eps coming out on various labels next month. We've been recording and practicing constantly. What is your contact info?