WH/Dark Dance Scene Is Exploding In LA & Elsewhere

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
tombz

Re: WH/Dark Dance Scene Is Exploding In LA & Elsewhere

Post by tombz »

Turns out I'll be out of town on tour with my main band and have to miss this, and I am beyond bummed on it. Do you know of any other events coming up? I, as well as a few friends of mine, would love to help promote anything here in Milwaukee. Not sure if you've ever heard of the venue/club Mad Planet, but it would be a great place here to host some sort of event.
▲┼▲ https://soundcloud.com/tombz-2 ▲┼▲
xianvox

Post by xianvox »

Always happy to support good music. Although I'd be quick to point out that the "dark" scene here in Los Angeles (and in the S.F. Bay Area, where I'm originally from) has been here (and there) for several decades now. ;)

At any rate, always looking to book more shows and see new faces at my youngest promotion: W▲RLOK here in Los Angeles (Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday, No Cover, Free Parking, 18+). Artists interested can contact me via Facebook.
WitchTapes

Post by WitchTapes »

I know of the Lil Death parties every week in downtown LA

http://lildeath.com/

Just spreading some love for the collective for those of you near LA. It's sad that I'm on the east coast cuz it def seems worth checking out. NYC was poppin' in 2011 but that scene seemed to die off as of this year.

Lil Death also releases some boss level mixtapes for anyone who is interested. It's not 100% "witch house" but they incorporate dark dance music and I could only assume their event DJ's play the same stuff live.
all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain
tombz

Post by tombz »

tombz wrote:
Turns out I'll be out of town on tour with my main band and have to miss this, and I am beyond bummed on it. Do you know of any other events coming up? I, as well as a few friends of mine, would love to help promote anything here in Milwaukee. Not sure if you've ever heard of the venue/club Mad Planet, but it would be a great place here to host some sort of event.
Turns out our tour was cancelled. I'll be coming out from Milwaukee with two other people, one of the guys that helps me in TombZ. If anyone from Milwaukee wants a ride, hit me up!

Can't wait, hope to meet some people.
▲┼▲ https://soundcloud.com/tombz-2 ▲┼▲
√ƸΩﬣ

Post by √ƸΩﬣ »

twinvessel wrote:
√ƸΩﬣ wrote:It really sucks that Australia is 2 years behind the rest of the world. Although i got to see Balam Acab last month and am now counting down to oOoOO's show in a couple of weeks. There's hope yet. :mrgreen:
Wow, Balam Acab played there? Heh, that kid looks so young(and nerdy!) Love it.

And very cool, yeah I'm gonna get to see oOoOO again soon. Wish I could see him with Butterclock so that there was actual vocals to the songs.

Well you guys have Pogo, my absolute favorite modern electronic composer of recent years...as well as all the indie synth/rock stuff I dig
Yeah he was a supporting act for Araabmusik and HudMo, really funny show actually. He kinda broke the PA and had to stop playing while the reverb bounced around the room deafening everyone.

oOoOO seemed kind of bored alone on stage, i was hoped she'd tour with him but whatever.

Pogo is a Western Australian, i try to forget they're there. he's cool though.
~-(_DΔZED MΔRROW_)-~

Post by ~-(_DΔZED MΔRROW_)-~ »

twinvessel wrote:
√ƸΩﬣ wrote:It really sucks that Australia is 2 years behind the rest of the world. Although i got to see Balam Acab last month and am now counting down to oOoOO's show in a couple of weeks. There's hope yet. :mrgreen:
Wow, Balam Acab played there? Heh, that kid looks so young(and nerdy!) Love it.

And very cool, yeah I'm gonna get to see oOoOO again soon. Wish I could see him with Butterclock so that there was actual vocals to the songs.

Well you guys have Pogo, my absolute favorite modern electronic composer of recent years...as well as all the indie synth/rock stuff I dig
Pogo is the shizzle
belongstome

Post by belongstome »

So I am starting a monthly night in Seattle because this city needs more darkness. I posted the first one in events if your in the area I hope you come out.