UNISON - Unison (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
UnISoN

UNISON - Unison (2011)

Post by UnISoN »

Our first LP is available on

http://lentonia.com/shop.html

It will be shipped in the first 15 days of september.
300 LP's only.
1000 CD's.

BackAlleyLurker

Re: UNISON

Post by BackAlleyLurker »

Said it before, sayin' it again : I really like the Black Metal logo.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Who designed it ?
audrey hørne

Post by audrey hørne »

it really is great. I love it. Unison rules.
UnISoN

Post by UnISoN »

Christophe Szpajdel has done the logo.
It's the lord of the black metal logo's. He did logos for half of the black metal bands all over the word :D
Like Dimmu Borgir, Enthroned, Emperor and thousands of other ones.
And he was very very happy to work for something else than black metal band for once :lol:
sch1omo

Post by sch1omo »

bandcamp song sounds awesome. I'd like to hear the whole thing before plunking down 25 bux though. Damn dollar aint worth shite.
UnISoN

Post by UnISoN »

You will like it (i hope) :-)
fish

Post by fish »

is the vinyl going to be distributed in the us at all?
UnISoN

Post by UnISoN »

fish wrote:is the vinyl going to be distributed in the us at all?
I think you can buy it on http://lentonia.com/shop.html
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post by Pe† Ceme†ery »

My vinyl came today... Sadly my record player is out of commission >_< HOWEVER it looks very pretty and I got a poster too :D

Cheers you guys :)
mis†er_elec†ric

Post by mis†er_elec†ric »

I'm ordering my vinyl next Wednesday on payday. From what I've heard so far, it sounds amazing. Can't wait to get stoned and have a nice listening sesh.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
Mcll

Post by Mcll »

Bump-Just had to mention here. This is one of my top 5 albums from 2011. Really epic work!
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: UNISON - Unison (2011)

Post by zin »

I found a write-up from MTV about this album:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120331150 ... -together/
Darkwave romance

By Beverly Bryan
March 27, 2012

Though they’re compared to American dark electronicists Salem and have partnered with Mexico’s tenebrous Ritualz, describing Unison as French witch house is too simple. The duo follows an ecstatic muse all their own, and prefers the term death-gaze anyway.

Singer Mélanie Moran and singer/guitarist/programmer Julien Camarena live in musical bliss in Niort, a small city in the west of France. Their self-titled debut album, out April 10, draws on trance and hip hop like their witch house touchstones, but there are other things in the mix — ambient, industrial things — and the spirit is different too. There’s more mysticism and less menace. It’s less tortured than its American cousins too, relaxed even. They put the chill in coldwave.

The single “Brothers & Sisters” aligns with the ethereal pop of Blonde Redhead and School of Seven Bells. Other moments on the varied release suggest Pictureplane covering Goblin or Brigitte Bardot fronting Ulver. These explorations make them one of the most eccentric voices in their microgenre.

Get to know what a mess of French blogs are ready hip to with the video for “Brothers & Sisters,” a video that, like the song, explores the mysterious bonds of family:

I bought thiss vinyl when it came out, but my copy came with a damaged sleeve. Need to get a replacement for it. "Brothers & Sisters" is such a glorious single. Still can't get over the fact that they stopped releasing music.
randomexit

Re: UNISON - Unison (2011)

Post by randomexit »

everytime I see that unison logo I cant get over how ahead of the curve they were with that. now everyone is doing it to the point its played out. also @zin I like how this beverly character was sneaking witch house reviews on an mtv site lol