Is Witch House Dead? -- Second Generation Witch House Picked Up By Goths

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
triangletwins

Re: Is Witch House Dead? -- Second Generation Witch House Picked Up By Goths

Post Posted

When I read that the hipsters got tired of wh and the goths picked it up, I found it ridiculous... but then I looked at myself, I'm a goth and wh is one of my favorite music genres! I saw oOoOO live in London two months ago and wow, that got me into wh (although I've known it for a longer time) and I've never been more into a electronic subgenre before since I discovered Depeche Mode's synth-pop at 5...
anyways, I agree with Mcll
Mcll wrote:I think over-defining and subdividing everything into little genres will just kill it.
calling all these similar subgenres simply witch house, will keep it alive.
fuckshit666

Post Posted

witch house is dead and when i say that i mean what originally was is no longer all you have to do now is slow down a track and call it witch house and BAM you're a witch house artists play with some synths give something a not so ordinary "dark" vibe and there's your witch house track i think the concept of witch house is dead to say the least and not only that it's really unappealing to a lot of people now because a lot of witch house fans are like elitists who want it to be their "thing" to be apart from everyone and i think it's just stupid now it's a waste of time it's a culture gone bad some where i saw someone say it influences a lot of rappers now days??????? THAT IS SO NOT TRUE have you heard of memphis rap? yeah they had this "dark" vibe long before witch house was an idea #horrorcore ladies : ) PLEASE JUST STOP SLOWED DOWN MUSIC IS SCREW everything else is just like electronic or something
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

fuckshit666 wrote:witch house is dead and when i say that i mean what originally was is no longer all you have to do now is slow down a track and call it witch house and BAM you're a witch house artists play with some synths give something a not so ordinary "dark" vibe and there's your witch house track i think the concept of witch house is dead to say the least and not only that it's really unappealing to a lot of people now because a lot of witch house fans are like elitists who want it to be their "thing" to be apart from everyone and i think it's just stupid now it's a waste of time it's a culture gone bad some where i saw someone say it influences a lot of rappers now days??????? THAT IS SO NOT TRUE have you heard of memphis rap? yeah they had this "dark" vibe long before witch house was an idea #horrorcore ladies : ) PLEASE JUST STOP SLOWED DOWN MUSIC IS SCREW everything else is just like electronic or something
I don't think I've ever experienced a run-on sentence so expansive... Nonetheless, tl;dr
ƔI▲†∆†▲IƔ

Post Posted

Witchhouse.. a dead Genre for dead people.. that makes it pretty alive to me. I made allready dark music like Witchhouse before i even knew of it.. i just think i found finally a place where it fits in.. also i like to keeping it real. Bit its right.. Witchhouse's wind was blowing out wide.. just yesterday ive meet my sister who hade a new T-Shirt of MUSE.. and i tought.. shit thats WH Astethic. But i wouldnt disrupt my head about this discussion... isnt it all about Music in the first row?
xianvox

Post Posted

Witch House is dead? Pfft.

Sounds like the primary people who are saying that are either: 1) mad that they're late to the party; 2) mad that they realized there were scenes doing pretty much this music for decades before they were alive (see previous), or 3) mad because they haven't made it big because people are too lazy to figure out how to type the crazy ass symbols they used in the name of art and obscurity. Or perhaps they're DJs and promoters who are lazy, playing the wrong music, or haven't figured out that you got to do more than just book the bands, you have to play the music...

At any rate, witch house is a little sister to goth, darkwave and industrial, so it's not surprising that the G/I scene picked it up. And don't be surprised that some of us were early adopters as well... Hell, I was among the first promoters in Los Angeles, period, to pick it up and push it hard in a dance format (as well as intersperse it throughout the playlists of all my other clubs of various genre combinations as well). And as far as I'm aware, the only promoter/DJ doing so regularly and successfully.
Last edited by xianvox on April 4th, 2014, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xianvox

Post Posted

At any rate, since the OP was kind enough to mention La La Land, and specifically mentioned my second youngest promotion, here's a shameless plug W▲RLOK coming up on our 3 year anniversary:

RSVP @ https://www.facebook.com/events/447124922086141/

And I gotta say is that we're very fortunate to have a decent scene here in Los Angeles. But we also have a lot of people who bust their ass to make music, put on shows, show up to said shows. It's the collective effort. But it always starts with someone, anyone, saying "I'm going to do that". And not just having inspiration, but taking action via hard work, determination and most importantly, perseverance.

For every hater who's more interested in the brands they wear and the labels they cling to, there's a lover who wants to dance. Witch house is dead? I've heard that so many times about so many genres...and always from people who have their eyes and ears shut and who stopped paying attention, and aren't worth paying attention to.

Just do what you love and don't be so worried about everyone else.
mmmmmmmm

Post Posted

xianvox wrote:At any rate, since the OP was kind enough to mention La La Land, and specifically mentioned my second youngest promotion, here's a shameless plug W▲RLOK coming up on our 3 year anniversary:

RSVP @ https://www.facebook.com/events/447124922086141/

And I gotta say is that we're very fortunate to have a decent scene here in Los Angeles. But we also have a lot of people who bust their ass to make music, put on shows, show up to said shows. It's the collective effort. But it always starts with someone, anyone, saying "I'm going to do that". And not just having inspiration, but taking action via hard work, determination and most importantly, perseverance.

For every hater who's more interested in the brands they wear and the labels they cling to, there's a lover who wants to dance. Witch house is dead? I've heard that so many times about so many genres...and always from people who have their eyes and ears shut and who stopped paying attention, and aren't worth paying attention to.

Just do what you love and don't be so worried about everyone else.
Well Said Xian! You have certainly been one of those people providing a breeding ground and keeping things alive and kicking. I want to play one of your parties some day! (this is Powers btw) ;)
#missinglink
xianvox

Post Posted

Yes, please! My dancefloor loves you. <3