✝ DE△D VIRGIN ✝

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
earlymoon

✝ DE△D VIRGIN ✝

Post Posted

I found this today. Just incredible! Scary, haunted darkwave. You can buy and download it here:

http://deadvirgin.bandcamp.com/
I cannot endure the constant haunting of my dreams. Night time somnambulance disturbed by your walking thoughts - memories not yet fully brought to term. You moan and hiss, you snarl and bite, thrashing wildly in an attempt to consume me. If I were to give in just a little, you’d overtake me completely. You would take my mind, my thoughts, my soul as if they were your very own. Unable to resist any longer, I resign. Gnashing my teeth. Clawing. Screeching. And at that moment, I peacefully relinquished all rights to you. A nightmarish, beautiful seduction.

✝ DE△D VIRGIN ✝ came creeping in the night like an unforgettable, foggy apparition. Haunting, vexing melodies compose a fantastic EP that, at times, sounds more like a classical gothic take on witch house. With the right amount of distortion and delay heavy loops, the EP contains many breathtaking moments of eerie euphoria. There are blips and beeps and soaring strings that we don’t always hear on other witch house tunes. It’s as if someone has taken a classical gothic fugue and reworked it entirely into atmospheric, beat heavy, voodoo witch house. Like being engulfed by a black magic spell - wandering at night in a cloudy pulchritudinous catastrophe. PHANTASMAL!
from: http://unholyrhythms.tumblr.com/post/13 ... ting-of-my
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: ✝ DE△D VIRGIN ✝

Post Posted

wtf, there is already a project called "✝ NO VIRGIN ✝"
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Maybe that's a name that came up on that Witch House Chill wave name generator heh heh ! anyway it seems nice at first. will listen to it a bit more.
zxz

Post Posted

Very impressive work.
CvM

Post Posted

swag
Pay Attention Children: Conformity is a Curse!
gentrify.tumblr.com
√ƸΩﬣ

Post Posted

is this guy gone forever? i really miss DV
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

I have to agree, despite the name issue (back in 2010), all their EPs were really, really solid. Would love to hear more
dirtypharms

Post Posted

dead virgin = <3 <3 <3 fave witch
☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿DRRTY SWVG☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿
Jenovasson

What happened to DE△D VIRGIN?

Post Posted

Back in 2010 this artist released three of the most amazing pieces of work I have ever heard. I saw a thread about them that was posted way back when but no one was able to answer any questions regarding side projects, who this artist is, if they ever plan on releasing anything else. I emailed the artist through their bandcamp pleading for any piece of vague information regarding anything else they might have released but no response. If anyone can tell me anything about this band I would be eternally grateful :)
tombz

Re: What happened to DE△D VIRGIN?

Post Posted

Would love to know as well, all three of those EP's are great.
▲┼▲ https://soundcloud.com/tombz-2 ▲┼▲
ghettoazzwitch

Post Posted

tombz wrote:Would love to know as well, all three of those EP's are great.
Ditto. They produced some great tracks. I'd hate to think they just vanished.
√ƸΩﬣ

Post Posted

Sadly i think this is the case, a lot of great artists just disappeared after such promising starts.
Jenovasson

Post Posted

bump

I have contacted witch house artists of all kinds, bloggers, I've emailed the bandcamp, nothing. I need more of this music as if it's essential to my well being. Please if anyone knows just a side project, it would be much appreciated
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Who tf was behind this project? All I could find is that lastfm user https://www.last.fm/user/deadmothers [profile deleted now] was most likely hiding behind this alias - based on the Dead Virgin biography edit history here. Originally that producer embraced the R△PE G▲ZE term for his music, only to take the name down soon after. All 3 EPs are stellar, I wish one day we could find out more about this person, I'm 99% sure they had more side-projects.
elegies

Post Posted

zin wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:09 pm Who tf was behind this project? All I could find is that lastfm user https://www.last.fm/user/deadmothers [profile deleted now] was most likely hiding behind this alias - based on the Dead Virgin biography edit history here. Originally that producer embraced the R△PE G▲ZE term for his music, only to take the name down soon after. All 3 EPs are stellar, I wish one day we could find out more about this person, I'm 99% sure they had more side-projects.
✝ DE△D VIRGIN ✝ was an early project of Baltimore musician Sam Ray (Dead Virgin, Teen Suicide, Ricky Eat Acid, American Pleasure Club, Starry Cat, Julia Brown, Mad Dads etc). He continues to make electronic music under the name Ricky Eat Acid and produced a number of staple lo-fi releases as the primary member of Teen Suicide.