Wh1ch House?

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
✝SLAVERY✝

Re: Wh1ch House?

Post by ✝SLAVERY✝ »

wh1ch_House wrote:
Neurotic wrote:
Surely the core ideas of witch house mean that the "scene" suddenly having rules is completely missing the point, so if that's what you're saying I totally agree. I got into witch house drawn in by the emphasis on mood over rigid sonic specifications, so in theory you could be making neofolk kind of stuff and be a witch house act or making actual house music or doing that mix of R&B, synth pop and trap that's so popular at the moment and that be witch house. Or, god forbid, not be tied down to one genre and stay in a box. I too am tired of the way things are being endlessly regurgitated, but obviously there's a lot of good witch house being made too. Witch house for me is the box things get put in when there's no other box to put it in so the tastemakers don't want to talk about it. Too much risk of someone actually getting inspired.

You're right, mate, I don't understand art at all and I think if you're a great artist that you don't either. I think you may spend your life trying to understand it but one of the beauties of art and specifically music is that its totally subjective and always changing and morphing. If you're not touching people's hearts then what's the point, I agree with you on that. Just that being arrogant doesn't get that point across, it just helps people who're already inclined to ignore you just make their mind up about you and not explore your work. It's frustrating, I know, trust me I know all about it. Frankly I'm disappointed there's so much cliqueyness and not more camaraderie, this is a pretty niche subset so we really need to stick together.
Beautifully stated Neurotic, thank you. Rules becoming instated within the so called "scene" of witch house have weakened its ability to grow and push the boundaries of dark music.

Beauty/Art can be somewhat understood. When one see's/hears beauty it is felt deep within. In order to better understand this "feeling", one should put these "feelings" into some kind of linguistic form. For example, vocalization through words/song, or expression with writing/poetry. This creates a better grasp of beauty/art and thus a more real and true understanding of it.

Art is understood in mathematics and science by the means of sacred geometry and fractals. These key concepts have been proven to be major key component in what humanity views as "good art". For example the golden mean was used by every respected artist of the renaissance and the "golden mean" is found in the western eastern scales. When one fully understands these depths of artistic truths, one can bend the rules and artistic freedom becomes endless.

Now at this level of art, I agree, full understanding of its beauty becomes harder to define. This beauty goes beyond words and dives into a deeper more beautiful realm that is only explainable through feelings of truth and Synesthesia.

ie, listen to new music, study the sound design of your favorite songs, study your music theory, refine and define your synthesis/filtering methods, learn and practice new EQing and mastering techniques.

Or else you'll never be able to fuck that hot girl next door that you been trying to get at for years.

- Wh1ch House?
Cool story, bro. You might want to consider saying "art" a few more times though.
Neurotic

Post by Neurotic »

Art?
http://soundcloud.com/dan-wreck
neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com
Mood music for moodswings.
✝SLAVERY✝

Post by ✝SLAVERY✝ »

Neurotic wrote:Art?
Art art art art art art beauty art art beauty art beauty art art art art
mmmmmmmm

Post by mmmmmmmm »

*slow clap*

This kid banned me on soundcloud because of an interaction we had.

So I get a comment on one of my tracks that seems like it might be a "bot" comment. Sure enough when I look at all of his comments, it's the same "copy and pasted" comment that he is posting everywhere (or bot, not sure)

So out of my own love of subversion and my irritation of both this artist name and his very non-occult approach I posted like 25 comments on one of his tracks that were all the same comment he posted on mine...

then this happened:
I like your ▲▲▲ of repetition, but You should at least give a fallow, makes you seem as though you only intended sarcasm whilst listening to my track. I have appreciated your stuff from a far for a while. Your tracks are dope, but mine are too. I write with a virus Ti2, Korg r3, Warp vocoder, ableton, and I know every vst and mastering like the back of my hand.

much ♥
- Wh1ch house?
at this point I was pretty irritated in general and even though I had listened to his track, I posted this:
i didn't even listen to your track.
I then got this reply, and was blocked.
wow.... Your quite rude. My tracks are way better than yours anywho. My other acount has 10s of thousands of views and plays...unlike yours This is my alternate account because i enjoy this Genre a lot. You actually know me a lot better in real life, sucks to hear that one of my friends could be this rude. My mixing is cleaner and when it needs to be more raw than yours. If you kept your ears open you would write better music.
So apparently he knows me IRL and has a large following. Sorry bro, but I don't know anyone IRL that get's "10s of thousands of views and plays" on soundcloud. Not even my most "famous" friends get that...

Congratulations for the "success" of your "approach" I see you have almost 200,000 plays on your "wiccan beats"

*repeat slow clap*
#missinglink
mmmmmmmm

Post by mmmmmmmm »

to fair i will give a precise explanation of why this has been difficult to swallow.

You are proclaiming that you're a true artist and fuck all that convention and what not...

but then you whore yourself out on soundcloud and twitter (presumably using bots) as if all you care about it getting famous.

In the same vein, you use played out imagery and a recycled sound to achieve the aesthetic you are capitalizing on.

This is ENTIRELY contradictory to the genre you have infiltrated.

Especially if you are an artist with a big following that is just using WH as your next stepping stone ("Crosses", anyone?)

If you were being truthful about your approach then you wouldn't go shoving your tracks and brand down everyone's throat, and you would keep it truly kvlt by remaining obscure.

This all implies that you are someone who is systematically capitalizing on WH with an approach that is completely contradictory to the statements made by the art itself.

again, congrats on your "success".
#missinglink
✝SLAVERY✝

Post by ✝SLAVERY✝ »

mmmmmmmm wrote:to fair i will give a precise explanation of why this has been difficult to swallow.

You are proclaiming that you're a true artist and fuck all that convention and what not...

but then you whore yourself out on soundcloud and twitter (presumably using bots) as if all you care about it getting famous.

In the same vein, you use played out imagery and a recycled sound to achieve the aesthetic you are capitalizing on.

This is ENTIRELY contradictory to the genre you have infiltrated.

Especially if you are an artist with a big following that is just using WH as your next stepping stone ("Crosses", anyone?)

If you were being truthful about your approach then you wouldn't go shoving your tracks and brand down everyone's throat, and you would keep it truly kvlt by remaining obscure.

This all implies that you are someone who is systematically capitalizing on WH with an approach that is completely contradictory to the statements made by the art itself.

again, congrats on your "success".
Um, EXCUSE ME! You are forgetting one important aspect behind Which House's music- no no, not music - GRAND ORCHESTRAL MELODIES is a more appropriate definition of the luxurious flowing symphonic patterns this creative genius produces. And that one aspect is... Art art beauty art - art art beauty art

:lol:
✝SLAVERY✝

Post by ✝SLAVERY✝ »

And if you have any doubts of the true artistry and beauty of this God-Amongst-Men's behemoth of sound, take a look below at his poetry. Here are the lyrics of his massive, chart topping hit single, "Do Drugs".

"Lose Yourself, Lose Yourself
ya wa ya way ya wa ya way

Take your SHROOMS
Down yo ACID
Smoke Your METH
And inject Your HEROIN
Do Drugs Every Day Ya

Take your SHROOMS
Down yo ACID
Do Drugs Every Day

Lose Yourself, Lose Yourself
ya wa ya way ya wa ya way

Take your SHROOMS
Down yo ACID
Smoke Your METH
And inject Your HEROIN
Do Drugs Every Day Ya

Take your SHROOMS
Down yo ACID
Do Drugs Every Day"

Spoken like a genuine artist, good sir.
Neurotic

Post by Neurotic »

To be fair though, at least the guy's trying and it's far better to talk utter bollocks than take the studiedly apathetic, blank and bland approach a lot of people are doing at the moment (not just in witch house either, jesus, this is something of a safe haven from the anti-intellectual boxticking "NAH BRUV MY SUB'S BIGGER THAN YOURS" vibe dubstep has descended into). I've exchanged messages with Which House and he does seem quite genuine to me. Then again he has actually given my work a chance, so I'm going to be biased aren't I?
∆lysvn ∆mythvst

Post by ∆lysvn ∆mythvst »

Trolling is art/beauty too.
Mcll

Post by Mcll »

Neurotic wrote:Yeah, if anything he's got the self promotion bit down.
When I drop Leave Tonight Mixtape Part 2 on the 12th expect "LISTEN UP YOU STUPID CUNTS, I HOP BETWEEN GENRES ON THIS BITCH LIKE IT'S YOUR FACE".
Or maybe not, I'm way too English for this shit.
lol. Big props to your use of sarcasm- and then your humility on the release "hotly anticipated by no one". It got my attention and I really love what you did with the mixtape idea and the various approaches and sounds you manifested. Very well done :D

http://neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com/album ... ape-side-2

The thread delivers!
wh1ch_House

Post by wh1ch_House »

✝SLAVERY✝ and "mmmmmmmm" (aka "Stange Powers") words are filled with the stench an ignorant judgmental bushwa artist. "Shitty Powers" carries himself with a pride stuffed, pretentious, meat headed ideology; and he tops it all of with his prickly passive aggressive know it all attitude. He is a prime example of why I think so many Witch House Artists are fake, rule abiding, tradition loving fools.

"Powers" doesn't listen, wh1ch is exactly what im talking about. "Strange" how its hard to hear when you like the sound of your own voice to much...... isn't it "mmmmmmmmmmmm"

I created Wh1ch House? to bend the "Strange" "In✝SLAVED✝" rules that had been forced upon the genre of this dark "art".

When I started Wh1ch House, my first approach to bend the "rules" of witch house, with "Wh1ch House?", was purely musical.

I only posted my little explanation about "some witch house artists being fake", after my one sided conversation with "Shitty Powers".

HERE IS THE LOW DOWN ON "Strange Powers" and I...........

When I first put up Wh1ch House? on soundcloud I asked a few of my favorite artists to check out my tracks. I listened to their tracks quite a bit, and I took a shot at asking them to listen to mine as well. This was only to get musical feedback and reach out to my fellow artists. One of the reasons we all post on sound cloud and forums like this one

As "Shitty Powers" so arrogantly and shamelessly states he never even listened to my music..............and then he attacked my songs........ I pmed him and tried to explain to him that I actually do write music, and I love/ live for it.

Once again, "Kenny Powers"..... I mean"Shitty Powers" Did not listen to my music, nor my message. He only kept yammering on about who he thought i was rather what I was stating. At this point I blocked him because he was aggressively attacking me as well as my soundcloud. "Mediocre powers" only reinforces my conceptions of the shitty type of prick that can be found in witch house/dark art.
-----------------------------------

Every time an artist reaches out to me, I actually have listened to every song that a friend or fellow artist has asked me to listen to or give feedback on. Even if they music sucks monkey ballz, i listen to the whole fucking thing.

I don't have an agenda to get famous from wh1ch house?; it's a faceless nameless project. I love my music and I don't need credit from others in order to be happy. This is only "strange power's" and ✝GAYVERY✝'s skewed views of self indictment being weirdly projected onto me. If Wh1ch House? so happens to alter the perceptions of others and changes how some people think and perceive art, then great. If it doesn't. oh well. It's art for the sake of art.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
Wh1ch House? is merely art for the sake of art.
Questiong Everything, Learn All you can
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
Stange Powers is art for pent up angry nerds sake.
kinda learn things half ass, Question everyone else.
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Music is my life, and I love my life. Outside of wh1ch house? I make my living as a freelance artist.

I wake up every day and create, read, listen, learn music, animation, and philosophy until i pass out some 24 to 48 hours later.

There are musical artist that not only call themselves artists, but actually live and breathe their instruments, musical theory, and exploration of musical ideas/expressions.

You don't have to be a child prodigy to become an artist either. Anyone can do anything they want with their lives; as long as they love doing it, and work as hard as they fucking can at it.

Strange Powers and ✝SLAVERY✝ are the so called "witch house" artists, that are causing Witch House to turn to shit and die out so fast.

So, Fuck you Strange Powers; You don't know me, and you don't know how to open your fucking ears either. :mrgreen:
Neurotic

Post by Neurotic »

Mcll wrote: lol. Big props to your use of sarcasm- and then your humility on the release "hotly anticipated by no one". It got my attention and I really love what you did with the mixtape idea and the various approaches and sounds you manifested. Very well done :D

http://neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com/album ... ape-side-2

The thread delivers!
Very kind of you to say so, and I'm pleased you got what I was trying to do. Probably helps that you're an artist in your own right.
Mcll

Post by Mcll »

Stepping away from the drama for a sec- where are all these rules and standards that WH is falling into that everyone seems so concerned about? I am not feelin that vibe at all. This music got pretty huge this year. Just looks at the all the collective releases, all the mixtapes, all the remix/collaborations. It is not in the indie limelight anymore it seems, but things got more serious, more involved, and really even more independent and less tied to a specific sound. All this talk about WH is not art or whatever feels like cold water in the face. Are we living on the same planet? Hell, I think it is more about art and mood and less about stylization and sound than ever.

Also I have to comment- if you are all about production and mastering and how well you know music theory. IMO you are totally missing the point of WH. There are ppl out there just dropping tracks left and right on SC and they just started doing music 6 months ago that sounds much more inspired than people that go on talking about how much they know and how long they have doing music. In electronic music, if you want to be popular, do dance music, or tech, or dubstep. Be overly concerned with structure and production. You want to say F-U world, do WH. :)
Trip Cult

Post by Trip Cult »

Mcll wrote: Also I have to comment- if you are all about production and mastering and how well you know music theory. IMO you are totally missing the point of WH. There are ppl out there just dropping tracks left and right on SC and they just started doing music 6 months ago that sounds much more inspired than people that go on talking about how much they know and how long they have doing music.
AMEN.
✝SLAVERY✝

Post by ✝SLAVERY✝ »

wh1ch_House wrote: Blah blah blah arrogant, self-important trite blah blah blah
SAY 'ART' AGAIN. SAY 'ART' AGAIN. I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHERFUCKER. SAY 'ART' ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!

But seriously dude, your "art" sucks, your lyrics suck and your music sucks. End of story. You aren't breaking any rules, just making terrible music. :lol:

"Your tracks are dope, but mine are too" - Honestly, who says things like this??? :roll:

Also "GAVERY"? LOL k, what are you, 13 years old?
Last edited by ✝SLAVERY✝ on December 22nd, 2012, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.