Micro Witch House ?

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Nightbird

Micro Witch House ?

Post by Nightbird »

Okay.. So I've found a couple of artists who make really short tracks (e///clipse.. Marie Dior). e///clipse have a whole EP of tracks 1-2 minutes in length, which I love.

Is this some kind of sub-genre of W-H ?
Or is there a purpose for making such short-length tracks ??

Would really like to know what others think..
DelusionalOdyssey

Re: Micro Witch House ?

Post by DelusionalOdyssey »

Definitely noticed it in the chillwave genre. Haven't really seen any WH artists doing it though. 2 minute songs tend to be a good length i think. 1 minute songs just aren't enough, always really bummed when i find a song i really like but it's only a minute. For example Haunches by Salem is a song i really wish was longer.
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

Like e///clipse's ¤
I wish the tracks were longer...

You say you favour 2 minute tracks DelusionalOdyssey.
It's always interesting to learn how other artists feel about things. To me.. 2 minutes is very short for a full track.
Are short tracks common in WH ?
Mcll

Post by Mcll »

Not common say, like across the board. Very LONG tracks are also seen. Some artists though do this very well. Marie Doir like you mentioned and imo RΛINИIΛЯ [now just Rain I think] has some very short but awesome tracks.
iamthesunset

Post by iamthesunset »

Some of my favourite witch house tracks are the really LOOONG hypnotic ones (Woven of Serpents by WIK▲N springs to mind). I just love it. I love BLVCK CEILING, but some of those tracks last for around the minute mark just as it gets a groove, and even though they may be taking the "less is more" route, it can be frustrating rather than rewarding.
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

Mcll & iamthesunset..

Thanks for telling me about those LONG tracks.. I really didn't know there are WH artists doing that !
witchdoctor

Post by witchdoctor »

iamthesunset wrote:Some of my favourite witch house tracks are the really LOOONG hypnotic ones (Woven of Serpents by WIK▲N springs to mind). I just love it.

Thanks for mentioning this song. Listened to it, now just can't get it out of my head, very hypnotic and haunting. Cheers!
iamthesunset

Post by iamthesunset »

Nightbird wrote:Mcll & iamthesunset..

Thanks for telling me about those LONG tracks.. I really didn't know there are WH artists doing that !
witchdoctor wrote:
iamthesunset wrote:Some of my favourite witch house tracks are the really LOOONG hypnotic ones (Woven of Serpents by WIK▲N springs to mind). I just love it.

Thanks for mentioning this song. Listened to it, now just can't get it out of my head, very hypnotic and haunting. Cheers!
You're welcome bro.
Nightbird

Post by Nightbird »

@ iamthesunset

I wasn't being sarcastic at all !!

I'm new to WH and don't know what is common or uncommon practice
iamthesunset

Post by iamthesunset »

Hahaha, i wasn't sure! I was only kidding either way. ;)

If you dig deep, even trudging through bancamp, you'll find some gold. For such an 'obscure' sub-genre, there's a lot of great stuff out there to be found.
ѦPѺLLYѺN'S ▼ISѦGE

Post by ѦPѺLLYѺN'S ▼ISѦGE »

The one thing I noticed about WH music is the length of the song is sort of dependent on the style. Usually the more beat and vocal style stuff tend to kick around the 3-4 minute mark and the droney stuff goes from 4-8 minutes. Then again this is music we are talking about and there is no defining rules to length of song. I like my music to be around the 5 min mark personally then again I am also a fan of Anal Cunt (grindcore metal) whos songs are 3-30 seconds long. It's all about impact too right. Not sure if this was helpful or not haha
V\V\

Post by V\V\ »

hey, anyone know where I can find music of e///clipse? or something similar