Nightizm : Witch Take on Skyfall

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Nightizm

Nightizm : Witch Take on Skyfall

Post Posted

So, I posted my skyfall remix to a trap subreddit, and the only person to comment said something along the lines of, "this belongs in witch house".

Obviously.. I begin to dig, and I feel I have found a sound that I've been craving for so long. I fucking love it. The darkness, the screwed vocals, the randomness, just everything about it, I can't even explain. I've heard music like this before, I just never knew what to call it. I've been through so many genres (prog.house / chill / dubstep / hip hop / trap), but this is the a new one I'm SO ready to conquer. I've ALWAYS been into underground experimental music, and always had this influence to push the boundaries, but I think I've found a new favourite genre.

So first off, can I get some opinions on what you think of this remixed I did that got called "Witch-House" and how close it sounds to it. I'm getting some good feedback on youtube, but I would some of your guys opinions who've been listening to this type of music for a while. The song was completely out of character for me. I took the vocals, used only like 2 clips of it, and just went to town. No synths used, just drums and vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ39MPgFe9M
https://soundcloud.com/nightizm/adele-s ... tizm-remix

I would ask for some info on labels and artists, but I see the site already has lots of info I'll be checking out in the next little while, I just have to go on another little producing binge. But feel free to give me any other info or MUST HEAR tracks you think i'd like.

I hope you enjoy my track! Time for another journey.

- Nigh†izm
Anton Maiof

Re: Witch Take on Skyfall - Newcommer here

Post Posted

I liked it.
Mcll

Post Posted

Smooth & creepy. I enjoyed that. Sounds like you have some "Burial" influence?
Nightizm

Post Posted

Mcll wrote:Smooth & creepy. I enjoyed that. Sounds like you have some "Burial" influence?
Thank you! I have listened to burial a few times but not totally in-depth, so any influence would be sub-conscious. Although I like how he uses the vinyl scratches which I implemented in the beginning of this track.

Gonna get to all his stuff eventually, lot's of people talk about him.
Anton Maiof wrote:I liked it.
Thanks!