BAD LUCK - Announcement + CREME BRULEE & WOMAN CASSETTE RELEASES

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
AARRCC

BAD LUCK - Announcement + CREME BRULEE & WOMAN CASSETTE RELEASES

Post by AARRCC »

the frequency with which I release things probably leaves very little room for anyone to ever anticipate anything, so i apologise in advance if you don't care any longer!
I would like to talk about my latest project, "BAD LUCK", my first 100% collaborative album.

With my last release, "WOMAN", I was talking a lot about collective efforts for political change. (This is a good opportunity also, if you don't have any interest in involving yourself with any political bent, to stop listening to me). I realised that while it is all well and good to talk about collectively making change, it's very difficult to follow through with your own advice if you spent all day every day holed up in a studio refusing to actually interact with other people!
So, I wanted to make a change in this. I couldn't turn to myself for a change because I am comfortable with myself, I had to go to friends, people I respect, people I don't know very well at all, people I cannot wait to know in the future, but above all people who have some interest in using their creative capacity to affect our surroundings and social climates.

I am lucky.
I am "white", male bodied, and from a family that was in the lower class, but still with enough money to make sure we all had food. I am a firm believer that no one should feel guilty for any privilege they are afforded by birth, but with privilege must come responsibility to use your position to rearrange extant sequences.
So now, "BAD LUCK" will be about the "other", the "other" not only in a social theory sense, but the "other" outside of me in a very general way. I hope to become the "other' with you all.

Currently, SOFIA RETA is preparing for an October tour with dates and cities that I can't reveal just yet. In each city, the show will be completely different as I will be playing multiple contributors at each place, there will be dancing, there will be video, and there will be instructional performances.

Also, I am very excited now to give the "official" list of collaborators thus far. (Which seems to be expanding very rapidly!)

Ryan Scott Kerr (R.S.K.) - Philadelphia - Sound
GENE PICK - Baltimore - Modular Synthesis
Louis Sitbon - Baltimore - Sound, Guitar
Sigrid Lauren - New York City - Choreography
Brian Chippendale - Providence - Drums
NETWORK GLASS - Baltimore - Modular Synthesis
Zoe Burke - Baltimore - Digital Programming
Anousheh Shoja Chagervand - Baltimore - Vocals, Lighting
Kate Porter - Baltimore - Cello
Hiro. - Kyoto - Berimbau
V5MT - Wroclaw - 3D illustration
Rory Gory Pictures - Boston - Projections
ZILLA - Boston - Rap
Alex Hampshire - Philadelphia - Lyrics
Brian Rowan - Baltimore - Costume Design
Maralie Armstrong - Providence - Vocals
Hermonie, Only. - Baltimore - Artwork
Keenon Brice - Baltimore - Vocals

Some songs from the album:

https://soundcloud.com/aarrcc/sofia-ret ... rs-wedding
https://soundcloud.com/aarrcc/sofia-ret ... es-ft-hiro

EDIT / ADDENDUM:

I am ALSO very excited to announce the cassette release of both CREME BRULEE & WOMAN from the wonderful folks at GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT. out next month!!!!
Mcll

Re: BAD LUCK - Announcement + CREME BRULEE & WOMAN CASSETTE RELEASES

Post by Mcll »

This is very exciting and intriguing. I hope to catch you at one of these performances.