Salem cover of Superstar by The Carpenters

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Invisible Force

Salem cover of Superstar by The Carpenters

Post by Invisible Force »

Hey all, about a week ago there was a link http://vimeo.com/19815479 floating around to a Vimeo vid of a beautiful and haunting Salem cover of The Carpenters song Superstar. I didn't download it or anything and now I wish I had as the video is no longer there. It's been removed and I can't find any links to it anywhere. Now, this same song appears on a podcast available here http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2010/09/salem but the version is much more slowed and not as beautiful. I'm gonna cut it out of the podcast, speed it back up and see if I can't get the song back to sounding how it did for the video but if anyone ripped the video and can share it with me, I would die of pleasure. Also, does anyone know if perhaps the video cut was not actually posted by salem for promotion but was a leak or what? Thanks. Ian.
tbsjordan

Re: Salem cover of Superstar by The Carpenters

Post by tbsjordan »

It wasn't posted by Salem, just someone who has the track. I'm not sure exactly how old it is compared to their other older stuff, but its been around for quite a while.
Invisible Force

Post by Invisible Force »

thanks. figured as much. i found the song. just the song to the video was pretty. im trying to re-create it.
0odeer

Post by 0odeer »

I grabbed it from the Vimeo before it got pulled. Guess that's the version you mean, you want it?
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

post it :)
℞erscrpi‡ion

Post by ℞erscrpi‡ion »

Yeah, post it please! I'd definitely be interested in hearing this.