Salem cover of Superstar by The Carpenters

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Invisible Force

Salem cover of Superstar by The Carpenters

Post Posted

Hey all, about a week ago there was a link http://vimeo.com/19815479 floating around to a Vimeo vid of a beautiful and haunting Salem cover of The Carpenters song Superstar. I didn't download it or anything and now I wish I had as the video is no longer there. It's been removed and I can't find any links to it anywhere. Now, this same song appears on a podcast available here http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2010/09/salem but the version is much more slowed and not as beautiful. I'm gonna cut it out of the podcast, speed it back up and see if I can't get the song back to sounding how it did for the video but if anyone ripped the video and can share it with me, I would die of pleasure. Also, does anyone know if perhaps the video cut was not actually posted by salem for promotion but was a leak or what? Thanks. Ian.
tbsjordan

Re: Salem cover of Superstar by The Carpenters

Post Posted

It wasn't posted by Salem, just someone who has the track. I'm not sure exactly how old it is compared to their other older stuff, but its been around for quite a while.
Invisible Force

Post Posted

thanks. figured as much. i found the song. just the song to the video was pretty. im trying to re-create it.
0odeer

Post Posted

I grabbed it from the Vimeo before it got pulled. Guess that's the version you mean, you want it?
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

post it :)
℞erscrpi‡ion

Post Posted

Yeah, post it please! I'd definitely be interested in hearing this.
washington

Post Posted