White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Clint Catalyst

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

Post Posted

pilotsdontcare wrote:got a test print at the show on Halloween, hand written and signed
Hey there. Jumping in late [no surprise there!], but do you mean Halloween or the night prior? Just curious, as I was at the Show Cave gig & commented several times how surprised I was by the band's lack of merch. From what I've read here, obviously bogue assumption on my end (based off King Dude & Water Borders, who had bloody tees [former] & vinyl [latter] for sale in the concession area, during their performance...chicklet at the counter took $ on the band's behalf).

I was the last of my friends to exit, & just as my feet hit the pavement we heard a few people chanting "Disaro! Disaro! Disaro! Disaro!"

Totally understandable that the band didn't have a merch person fly out with them, but out of curiosity: had Robert stepped on stage & that's when the vinyl was "unveiled"? The band had finished their set all of two/three minutes before the Disaro-as-cult-leader routine kicked in, so that's how I envision it transpired. (...or?)

& uhh, yeah: by no means gloating, but I have a pressing of the EP. $18, Vacation records—which is walking distance. I thought it was priced a bit steep, but I rarely buy records; plus fkn' everything is expensive here. In other words, the price surprised me less than the lack of cover art, as I've seen more than one "fan photo" in which—at the very least—a single sheet/sleeve—was present. You guys know the image, right? As in: the cover...tentative or otherwise. Woods, white sheet, hand-painted black rune, if I'm remembering correctly.

O.K., heading over to Discogs for what I think is an unimpressive third visit in my lifetime... [?]

~

&
hrmm. Does this resemble the 'test pressing' Kuk— or wait... Safer phrasing: the test pressing *one* of you bought at the show?

I'm just curious in terms of discoloration, a camera flash, or what...as mine is nowhere near the hue shown
H E R E; moreover, has it already been discussed that according to Discogs, there were 200 copies made of the pictured/linked 'standard' version?

Bah! Just noticed it's 3:40 in the morning—enough of the Nancy Drew routine for me at the moment,

G'night, Best &
Thanks!
I††

Post Posted

Still have not received my copy from a September pre-order... I think I have been ripped off.
Have messaged him back and forth about 4 times, now he is ignoring me... yep, ripped off.
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

i can't get a response either... :evil:
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

I still haven't received my copy as well (September pre-order), just emailed him... so far he's been answering all my emails with CDr orders, so... if he replies, I'll update u on the issue
I††

Post Posted

He updated me everytime I enquired (about 4 times) until last week.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

I†† wrote:Still have not received my copy from a September pre-order... I think I have been ripped off.
Have messaged him back and forth about 4 times, now he is ignoring me... yep, ripped off.
get a refund from paypal if that's how you paid... call their customer service line. i did... i dunno what robert disaro was thinking, but whatev. he's gonna lose a buncha supporters...
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Disaro gained shitloads of supporters during last year = I assume he's busy as hell with gigs and stuff = has little time to organize individual orders and stuff... ok, I don't mind waiting even another extra 2 months for my copy, but he should at least let his buyers know what's going on...
kukhuvud

Post Posted

Hey Clint, I was the one who submitted both the test pressing & regular release to Discogs and I took both photos with my BB. The big difference is that I took the photo of the test pressing outside of Show Cave, with the BB's flash, in the dark, while I took the photo of the regular release at home at a normal time.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

zin wrote:Disaro gained shitloads of supporters during last year = I assume he's busy as hell with gigs and stuff = has little time to organize individual orders and stuff... ok, I don't mind waiting even another extra 2 months for my copy, but he should at least let his buyers know what's going on...
i agree with the fact that the label has blown up big and that he has a lot on his plate, but jerking people around who are dedicated enough pay for a record before it was even pressed is a pretty crummy way to treat your core supporters/fans... esp. one like me who jumped on over 3 years ago when he first started.
fish

Post Posted

it'd be far less annoying if he didn't also post about how he was shipping them nearly 2 months ago on facebook. regardless of how busy he is he still had enough time to get some out weekly. best i can tell nobody outside of the band and vacation vinyl got anything from him. after you account for those what did he have to ship out, maybe 150-175 records max? there's no excuse for it to take 8 weeks to ship any of them.

when he posted "no orders have been forgotten" on facebook a couple weeks ago i gave him the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting ridiculous. and from the amount of inquiries on his facebook page i'd say he's definitely hurting his reputation and losing some future orders.
collynx

Post Posted

He has always been this non-reliable. I don't know why I bother to keep ordering shit from him, but I'm done.
Every single time there's a mistake or a delay. He runs the shittiest label all-around and gets so much respect for it.
I††

Post Posted

He got in touch with me and told me they had been shipped.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

How long ago ?
I††

Post Posted

Right before I posted yesterday.
paulmethazine

Post Posted

Does anybody have The Dark Earth That Made Me and wants to sell it?