White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
fish

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

Post by fish »

I was just told that the band are looking into having the 12" repressed on a different label now and also that they will be out in LA next month and will personally try to get disaro to ship people their records. it sounds like they are as frustrated at him as we all are.
T U N D R A

Post by T U N D R A »

fish wrote:I was just told that the band are looking into having the 12" repressed on a different label now and also that they will be out in LA next month and will personally try to get disaro to ship people their records. it sounds like they are as frustrated at him as we all are.
And they should be. Just another reason to not hold this whole debacle against White Ring.
kukhuvud

Post by kukhuvud »

Yeah, they're playing here on April 2nd at Show Cave. It's gonna own!
fish

Post by fish »

i wish they'd do the midwest sometime.

Now vacation vinyl is trying to sell the 12" for $30+shipping on discogs.com. that seems shitty.
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

fish wrote:i wish they'd do the midwest sometime.

Now vacation vinyl is trying to sell the 12" for $30+shipping on discogs.com. that seems shitty.
they're selling the test presses for $100:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/34885109?ev=bp_titl

and they jacked up the price on the website from $22 to $26:

http://vacationvinyl.bigcartel.com/prod ... al-artwork

the whole fucking thing stinks of shit. nothing against Vacation, they're a fine store. i can only imagine how much Robert Disaro gouged them "wholesale" pawning off records that probably were pre-orders we paid for. he's an asshole anyway... he was on my facebook friends list until i had the gall to nicely ask him if my record was shipped. he ignored my message and dropped me from his friends immediately... probably because he's trying to avoid the issue and he's dealing with the fallout from fucking over so many people. when i contacted him via email, he was all pissy and indignant at first then made the same empty promises we all got. i'm suprised that any copies were mailed out at all.

whatever, i hope White Ring get this repressed through a real, reliable label with real artwork instead of some overpriced bullshit with plain cutout sleeves.

btw, did anyone purchase any downloads off the website? did they ever get them? i'm kinda curious how that's all panned out,

i've been buying/collecting for over 25 years and i will say it again... WORSE THAN TROUBLEMAN. at least with them and Italians Do It Better i get my records and Mike Simonetti is nice if an order runs late and throws extra stuff in to make up for it. maybe Mr. "Disaro" should learn a lesson from them if he doesn't want a punch in the face if he ever decides to show up in pdx.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

I spoke to Disaro again, and re-assured me that all orders were or will be posted... Eh
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

zin wrote:I spoke to Disaro again, and re-assured me that all orders were or will be posted... Eh
i'll believe it when i see it. i lost real interest in having a copy because of all this. if it gets repressed by another label, i'll buy that... "instant collector's item" my ass.
BackAlleyLurker

Post by BackAlleyLurker »

This is starting to feel the same as when Reverend Bizarre had their Magick in Tears demo issued on vinyl.
kukhuvud

Post by kukhuvud »

I don't think Disaro even showed at the Salem concert last night ;)
jethro_tilton

Post by jethro_tilton »

zin wrote:I spoke to Disaro again, and re-assured me that all orders were or will be posted... Eh
yeah me too a few days ago :roll:
hhhologram

Post by hhhologram »

some people got it already, right?
disaro never answers my emails, and i bet he doesn't answer other people's emails either
this has gone way too far
fish

Post by fish »

From Disaro's Facebook:

"FOR ALL THAT DIDNT GET THERE WHITE RING RECORDS, THE RECORD WILL BE SENT OUT BY THE BAND! SORRY FOR THE DELAY AND WHITE RING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DELAY OF THE RECORD. THINGS HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT AND YOU WILL GET YOUR RECORD"
hhhologram

Post by hhhologram »

"DISARO: it is no longer in my hands"
haha way to go, fuck shit up and then let the others deal with it, such professionalism
hopefully we'll have our records now
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

hhhologram wrote:"DISARO: it is no longer in my hands"
haha way to go, fuck shit up and then let the others deal with it, such professionalism
nice... some gall. pushing his irresponsible b.s. onto the band and letting them pick up the pieces .whatevs. he took our $$$ and ran. something tells me the records will get "accidentally" "lost" in shipment to them.

if that cocksucker ever comes up to pdx, he's getting a foot in his ass.
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

hhhologram wrote:"DISARO: it is no longer in my hands"
everyone wanna have some some fun at that asshole's expense? go to the disaro fan page on facebook, unlike it and the hit the report link and report the page as spam... enough spam reports and his page gets taken down... 4chan styleeee