White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
ƒ©kw*†©h

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

Post Posted

Yes, Disaro is 2011's official bluff of the scene, i don't even remember such a blatant case of full frontal rip-off... I mean, the guy asked for the money out of fans trust and then run off with the cash? Its so foolish it's even hard to believe.. Robert, son, you screwed it. Face it... up.. down... rise... fall... Remember Sesame Street?
nonotnyet

Post Posted

ƒ©kw*†©h wrote:Yes, Disaro is 2011's official bluff of the scene, i don't even remember such a blatant case of full frontal rip-off... I mean, the guy asked for the money out of fans trust and then run off with the cash? Its so foolish it's even hard to believe.. Robert, son, you screwed it. Face it... up.. down... rise... fall... Remember Sesame Street?
yep... you summed it. i left some nasty comments on the Disaro facebook page yesterday. he took them off and blocked me from "liking" the page.

nice way of avoiding the issue, there Robert. i'm glad i was able to get my refund early on.
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

"our apologies to anyone whos still waiting on their BLACK EARTH THAT MADE ME EP : : unfortunately the situation is completely out of our hands, but we are still trying to sort things w. DISARO. very much in the dark as to when this will finally get resolved, but we are working on a repressing of the EP with a different UK based label. will make a proper announcement when thats finalized in order to help anyone get their missing EP. thanks fer yalls patience x white ring"

from white ring's facebook
fish

Post Posted

White Ring's FB -
"robert is sending us the paypal receipts along with god knows however many records he has left. unfortunately nobody is getting refunded from him - not even the investors who paid 4 the pressings themselves. everyone who paid robert 4 the original release will be the first to be sent the new pressing w bonus material though. we will update yall again when we get more info. <><>b"
nonotnyet

Post Posted

fish wrote:White Ring's FB -
"robert is sending us the paypal receipts along with god knows however many records he has left. unfortunately nobody is getting refunded from him - not even the investors who paid 4 the pressings themselves. everyone who paid robert 4 the original release will be the first to be sent the new pressing w bonus material though. we will update yall again when we get more info. <><>b"
just got back from work and saw this... good news and very nice that they're trying their best to sort it all out

investors?!? for one fucking record? what kind of fucking scam was he trying to pull??? he's gonna be in pdx soon and he's getting a piece of my mind in person. for real.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Long story short (from reliable source, no name naming):

Disaro didn't pay people who pressed those records. He basically got them for free. After that he sold all that stock to fans over internet/paypal, but actually never sent the records (only a few lucky ones managed to get their purchases - as far as I know none of European fans got their 12"s). Instead, he re-sold those vinyls for higher price to shops across Cali / US to make even more money.

I can't believe this shit....................
fokkawolfe

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010) // DISARO SCAM!

Post Posted

cant believe this, just read the whole thread, also if you check out the terrible unfinished Disaro wordpress site then the 12" is still uo for sale! look: http://www.disaro.org/x/?page_id=4 Not that it works or you can buy it but hey just take it down or at least create some kind of proper website of some kind! The MSV Phantasma Disques blogspot site is a great example of a label being run from a really simple platform!
aplaceboth

Post Posted

phantasma disques site is great...always quick, always courteous
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

zin wrote:Long story short (from reliable source, no name naming):

Disaro didn't pay people who pressed those records. He basically got them for free. After that he sold all that stock to fans over internet/paypal, but actually never sent the records (only a few lucky ones managed to get their purchases - as far as I know none of European fans got their 12"s). Instead, he re-sold those vinyls for higher price to shops across Cali / US to make even more money.

I can't believe this shit....................
That's weird. If Disaro sold to stores copies that were already preordered by someone else and if White Ring is now taking care of shipping the leftover stuff to the people who have not received their orders, that would mean they won't have enough copies to send to everyone. That's shitty man. This rollercoaster ride of hope and deception is terrible.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

They are re-releasing this LP on different label, and that's what's gonna be shipped to people.
Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

soldout wrote:phantasma disques site is great...always quick, always courteous
Thanks and 2 fokkawolfe too - it's really hard to run the store besides doing all these video-, filming- and musicprojects + concerts etc (it's really nearly 16 hours a day/7days a week) but trying to mail out the stuff 2-3 times a month, even if often a lot of packages collect in the meantime.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

Hmmmm... this is some solid bullshit. Two big thumbs down for Disaro. I got my copy of the release on ebay. Almost wish I would have ordered through Disaro just so I'd get some bonus goods from White Ring.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
kukhuvud

Post Posted

Yeah, an official two thumbs up for Phantasma Disques! They're selling Quality music and my parcels always arrive :)
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

DISARO=DOUCHE
Courtney Love

Post Posted

Met Robert the other night at the Mink here in Houston, he was dj'ing
He was incredibly nice

Just now reading this thread
Guess he's not as nice as I thought