White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
nonotnyet

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010) // DISARO SCAM!

Post Posted

well, interesting. i've been offline cos my old laptop died and i just got a new replacement yesterday. i noticed on facebook that he's going back to cdrs for some new releases. fuck him... as soon as i get dls for those i'll post mediafire links. after fucking over so many people for thousands of dollars, he doesn't deserve one red cent from any of us. i feel bad for any band that would get involved with him...
wicket w. warrick

Post Posted

my copy just arrived - the one i ordered from Vacation! (it took only 14 days from the US to Berlin, Germany)
but i would not mind to also receive my payed(!) copy from Disaro as well.

btw: it looks really cheap and it's a shame that such an ugly record makes so much trouble.
(though the music is great of course.)
hail endor!
hhhologram

Post Posted

hahah omg
he's embarrassing and ridiculous
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

he still keeps telling me he's mailing me a refund...what a complete loser dickhead.
L♡VE HINA

Post Posted

Has anyone who paid with their credit cards explained to their credit card company what happened? They should poke a big stick at Paypal and you should be able to get your money back.
DCΞL

Post Posted

We'll hex him good - Witch House Class Action Suit! :lol:
nonotnyet

Post Posted

UPDATE:

contact the new disaro management and demand credit for the $$$ we all got fucked over for:

http://www.disarorecords.com/contact
nonotnyet

Post Posted

[[[UPDATE]]]

i've been contacted by the new disaro mgmt merely 5 minutes after leaving a voicemail. the new person that's running disaro is named german and he runs this distro (they make nice present moment shirts):

http://www.karkis.com/shop

he was very nice over the phone (esp considering the angry voice mail i'd left), and explained that robert disaro is now basically an a&r person now and that the new mgmt (him) is running the day-to-day business of the label and wants to clear everything up regarding the white ring debacle. he's sending me the record (w/ usps tracking, and some bonus goodies!) and said that there's a very limited stock of remaining copies left and that if the people who got screwed contact him, they can get their copies sent to them.

he was very nice and professional, and if you got fucked over by robert disaro and never got the record, get in touch w/ them asap... it seems that this whole mess is finally getting cleared up and he himself said to me that robert (obviously) is not a businessman, and that he's been dealing with all of this since the website went back up for the re-organized label.

this might just help clear the label's reputation up, though i still think robert disaro is an asshat. hope you other guys can get your records too... i'll post as soon as it's in my hands.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Thanks for the heads up! I just wrote to them, and got almost immediate response. They said they'll be shipping "lost" LPs this Monday, call me a fool, but I really can't wait now :)
nonotnyet

Post Posted

zin wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I just wrote to them, and got almost immediate response. They said they'll be shipping "lost" LPs this Monday, call me a fool, but I really can't wait now :)
this guy was REALLY nice and professional and seems eager to clear up robert disaro's bungles and re-establish the label as REAL label and not just a guy sending out cdrs... i'll be checking back in.... guess i'll buy that zombelle record after all.

*crosses fingers*
j∆ckr∆bbi†

Post Posted

god damn, so that's what all this "fuck diasro" business has been about? Wow what a fking douche. Glad to hear things are getting cleared up and I am glad as hell I got the online bootleg last week instead of bothering with all this mess.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Well it's worth trying to get the copies I ordered again. Sent an e-mail we'll see how it goes
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

Was just in touch with German and it appears I will have my record at last. Seems like a nice guy. I emailed them but also called and left a message and got a quick response from that.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

BackAlleyLurker wrote:Well it's worth trying to get the copies I ordered again. Sent an e-mail we'll see how it goes
leave a voice mail... he's VERY prompt in responding. when i left my (admittedly angry) voicemail, i expected nothing, just to get blown of again, but like i said, i got called back within 5 minutes. german told me that he's been dealing with people contacting him about the white ring record for several days now... considering the mess he has to clean up, he's handling it pretty well... too bad that not everyone who got screwed will get their record- he said that the stock is VERY limited and that it's first come, first serve. whatever records are left are the ones robert didn't sell to vacation vinyl, other record stores, distributors and at shows. considering that there were only 200 pressed, who knows how many were left.

here's to hoping that we get our records (FINALLY).
fish

Post Posted

Thanks for the heads up on this. he told me mine would be on its way monday as well!