White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
mis†er_elec†ric

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010) // DISARO SCAM!

Post Posted

God damn British pounds sterling, always raping my bank account.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

I'm glad I'l be getting the EP this time, I still haven't received the stuff I had ordered from Robert Disaro. I had a lot of CD and some copies of that White Ring EP pre-ordered that I never received. Invested a good ammount of money in this and he never sent me anything. Then The new people from Disaro records, German etc, where supposed to compensate my investment by sending me copies of their new releases. never received a thing from them either. My last 2 emails regarding that where never replied.
cmos00

Post Posted

hah! i think the 'new' disaro has also shit the bed. i had a similar experience with this 'German' fellow.

i'd rather eat garbage before plugging amazon, but, i preordered this thru amazon for $21 (USD) a few weeks back. (it's increasing like half a dollar every day) today i found out this is limited to 500 copies?? so i'm afraid now the aforementioned walmart-of-physical-media will screw this up (it's happened).

i got my copy of Forever for $14 including 2 day shipping on its street date when i preordered thru said website. and i got to bypass the 5 weeks of "the sleeves are on backorder, we sent it TODAY" drama usually encountered when dealing directly with the label. or insound.
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post Posted

Still never received mine from the "new" Disaro...

The thievery corporation seems still in effect.
pertminus

Post Posted

I never got my copy of this from disaro either and now its being reissued? I feel so pissed
fish

Post Posted

mis†er_elec†ric wrote:God damn British pounds sterling, always raping my bank account.
At least their shipping to the US is only 3 pounds which is the cheapest UK label i have ever dealt with. It's only around $22US total with shipping which is only a couple dollars more than what Disaro was selling them for with no artwork or anything. And i have bought from RocketGurl before and never had an issue.

Then again i also got lucky with german and got my original copy of this as well as the soma comp i ordered. sucks to hear they back to the same old shit. I thought german was off to a real good start.
hhhologram

Post Posted

BackAlleyLurker wrote:(...) Then The new people from Disaro records, German etc, where supposed to compensate my investment by sending me copies of their new releases. never received a thing from them either. My last 2 emails regarding that where never replied.
same
german told me to choose 2 cdr's from the disaro website and also said that i would get them for free
haven't received them, and he hasn't replied to my e-mails...

i don't get how disaro records is still alive
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

Now imagine how 5 vinyls and 40CDs paid for (at distro prices obviously but still...) and never delivered make me feel.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

^ :(

I bought 4cds for $40 from German - havent heard or seen anything from them... Shame
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

God damn, Disaro sounds like it's still quite a dismal label. I got an original Disaro Black Earth on ebay before I even knew what Disaro was... I guess that was a good choice. I was thinking about getting some stuff from the new MGMT, but now I doubt I'll ever by anything from Disaro.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

cmos00

Post Posted

my paypal is linked only to a mastercard, so i just disputed my gummybear cdr that never arrived after 2 months of emails, and they refunded.

i know a long long time ago, and continuously for a while on facebook, white ring was claiming a copy of the rocket girl ep would be sent to anybody that didnt get it from disaro, but i'm not sure what say they have in record label garbage.

how did vacation get like all those copies, then? like WHITE LABEL test pressings even. haha and it cost like $22 from them at the time.
T U N D R A

Post Posted

cmos00 wrote:my paypal is linked only to a mastercard, so i just disputed my gummybear cdr that never arrived after 2 months of emails, and they refunded.

i know a long long time ago, and continuously for a while on facebook, white ring was claiming a copy of the rocket girl ep would be sent to anybody that didnt get it from disaro, but i'm not sure what say they have in record label garbage.

how did vacation get like all those copies, then? like WHITE LABEL test pressings even. haha and it cost like $22 from them at the time.
Take it from someone who knows what pressing 12"s cost and is like...Rocket Girl would be out a fuckton of cash if they honored everyone's claim and then, aside from that, they'd have to figure out who was telling the truth and who's trying to scam a free 12". It'd be great if they did that, but I sincerely doubt they will. I'm not so sure it makes them bad people, either.

Vacation got those copies because that's what Disaro did: he took your money, didn't send you a record, and then sold his copies to stores all over the US including Vacation. I love Vacation. They've been very supportive of me. They didn't know what was going on and if they did, they wouldn't've carried it in the first place.
cmos00

Post Posted

yes, vacation is DOPE!