White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
jethro_tilton

Re: White Ring - Black Earth That Made Me 12" (2010)

Post by jethro_tilton »

Robert finally responded to me on Facebook last week and assured me he was mailing my record this week...
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

fish wrote:vacation vinyl has more copies of this in stock. it can be yours for the low price of $22 + shipping!! so it's nice to see that disaro can send them more copies of this sold out record.
i'll probably get one from there... no one else seems to stock it. no stores here in portland ever got one that i know of.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Just to confirm - I spoke to Disaro yesterday as well via FB, and he confirmed that for the past two weeks he's been shipping remaining orders...
jethro_tilton

Post by jethro_tilton »

let me guess...no one has received theirs yet?
BackAlleyLurker

Post by BackAlleyLurker »

Disaro told me he's still shipping stuff. It seems he's been out of town a lot and he's got late in shipping the copies I guess.
fish

Post by fish »

its well past the time limit to get money back from paypal, but i did just call them and they said if they get enough complaints that they will suspend his account and possible still refund people their money. i had hope but have personally given up on this prick. thankfully i had bought one for someone else when it came out via vacation vinyl and will be keeping that for myself now. it does sound great on vinyl.
ƒ©kw*†©h

Post by ƒ©kw*†©h »

OK. Let do this then. :evil:
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

fish wrote:its well past the time limit to get money back from paypal, but i did just call them and they said if they get enough complaints that they will suspend his account and possible still refund people their money. i had hope but have personally given up on this prick. thankfully i had bought one for someone else when it came out via vacation vinyl and will be keeping that for myself now. it does sound great on vinyl.
i guess i was lucky that i got my money back from paypal then... the rep did tell me that it was past the 45 day limit, but gave me a courtesy after explaining the situation.

anyone else find it fishy that Disaro hasn't released anything lately and that the website hasn't been updated since november when we all started complaining??? i guess he's been too busy djing and traveling with the money we all sent him... his excuses have no weight. he knows enough people that could help him box records and ship them over a few days... he's well-known enough now that a lot of people would have no problem interning.

like i said before, he's lost a long time fan and customer and i'll gladly dl any future releases before giving him a penny.

speaking of vacation vinyl, why are they charging so much ($22?!?)? did Robert Disaro sell them the records "wholesale" for $15? it all smells rotten to me...
fish

Post by fish »

disaro deleted a bitchy post of mine calling him out on his facebook page earlier today. the same post had a comment from vacation saying that they have 20+ copies in stock if anyone wanted to buy one from them. makes me wonder how many of the 200 they got.
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

i called them yesterday, they said they had 17 in stock... i have to wonder how many copies we all paid for went to vacation.
ƒ©kw*†©h

Post by ƒ©kw*†©h »

This vacation thing... sounds like a scam to me. I won't order the record to them. Actually, i don't want the record now but the money to spend it on a decent label (sorry White Ring).
hhhologram

Post by hhhologram »

i'm so fucking tired of waiting
one thing's for sure, i'll never ever again buy anything from disaro
raedarius

Post by raedarius »

fish wrote:disaro deleted a bitchy post of mine calling him out on his facebook page earlier today. the same post had a comment from vacation saying that they have 20+ copies in stock if anyone wanted to buy one from them. makes me wonder how many of the 200 they got.
Maybe they get all the cancelled order copies?
nonotnyet

Post by nonotnyet »

ƒ©kw*†©h wrote:This vacation thing... sounds like a scam to me. I won't order the record to them. Actually, i don't want the record now but the money to spend it on a decent label (sorry White Ring).
Vacation Vinyl is a good store and they won't screw you over. if you must have a copy of the WR 12", and don't mind paying out the ass for one, they're the only way to get a copy.
W▲R†_NOSΞ

Post by W▲R†_NOSΞ »

YO ARE THERE SPOoOokY NOISES ON THIS CD? I WOULDVE DOWNLOADED BUT I THINK MY PARENTS ARE FREAKED BY ALL THE SCARY STUFF I LOOK AT ONLINE. I DUG UP A CORPSE, DIGITALLY OF CORPSE.