SALEM

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
DelusionalOdyssey

Re: SALEM

Post Posted

yes-i-smoke-crack wrote:sometimes it made it worse like it would make me start crying but being someone who found it hard to cry the release was a good thing. other times i felt relief by hearing the sadness in the music because i felt less alone and knew that someone else had felt the same way that i had. most of the time this was the case (it made me feel better). i also felt like my depression had a soundtrack and that made me feel less empty
i can completely relate with you. i am a manic depressive so it probably isn't the best that i am constantly listening to them. not saying that all of their music is sad, but i always end up listening to WEPT or WITHOUTU etc. when i am really depressed. it gives me that similar feeling of relief knowing they went through some of the same things i have. thank you for your input, i enjoy reading what you have to say.
yes-i-smoke-crack

Post Posted

thanks. i had the feeling that at least some of the people who listen to salem obsessively are melancholy in nature. its true that not all their music is sad, but in my opinion skullcrush and krawl are the only two positive or "upbeat" sounding tracks that have been officially released.
fuckshit666

Post Posted

yes-i-smoke-crack label as many songs u can with like emotions : )
yungboy

Post Posted

anyone have down2 da river?
radicaldood

Post Posted

does anyone have pix of the first few pages john posted on his tumblr?
i had one as my background for computer and it disappeared.
it was bugs bunny with raver stay with me underneath him. thxxx
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

what was John's tumblr anyway? I lost the link...
yes-i-smoke-crack

Post Posted

whorce.tumblr.com but he deleted it
severin-severin

Post Posted

I need help, I've been trying to figure out the name of the song that starts at 1:05 in the Salem mixtape "Bow Down". It's a rap song, I'm fairly sure it's by Psycho Drama because it sounds like Newsense from psycho drama and I know jack likes psycho drama a lot. The song cuts off at 2:10.

A second, very similar song, probably by the same artist, starts at 5:57 and ends at 9:48. I hear the lyric "Look into the eyes of my mask" repeated several times but I've researched and none of the songs that even remotely match those lyrics are the right songs.

maybe i'm a lil obsessed with finding out every piece of information i can about salem but man, i need to know these songs
water

Post Posted

severin-severin wrote:I need help, I've been trying to figure out the name of the song that starts at 1:05 in the Salem mixtape "Bow Down". It's a rap song, I'm fairly sure it's by Psycho Drama because it sounds like Newsense from psycho drama and I know jack likes psycho drama a lot. The song cuts off at 2:10.

A second, very similar song, probably by the same artist, starts at 5:57 and ends at 9:48. I hear the lyric "Look into the eyes of my mask" repeated several times but I've researched and none of the songs that even remotely match those lyrics are the right songs.

maybe i'm a lil obsessed with finding out every piece of information i can about salem but man, i need to know these songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEFBVmv1w7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFSMl-Y3k68
jelo

Post Posted

PVSSY666

Post Posted

Does anyone have a link to FuCKT and FuCKU?
fuckshit666

Post Posted

severin-severin

Post Posted

water wrote:
severin-severin wrote:I need help, I've been trying to figure out the name of the song that starts at 1:05 in the Salem mixtape "Bow Down". It's a rap song, I'm fairly sure it's by Psycho Drama because it sounds like Newsense from psycho drama and I know jack likes psycho drama a lot. The song cuts off at 2:10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEFBVmv1w7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFSMl-Y3k68
Wow, I appreciate this so much. For months I've been trying to figure this out. <3 <3 Sending Good Vibes
salviaebower

Post Posted

i'm sorry if someone asked this already but i'm too lazy to read all these pages: what happened to them? is there some info about new music? will they ever release something else ot are they done with music completely? i remember i've seen a photo from instagram, twitter or smth like that... a picture of a studio to be more specific from John or Jack...
since the lp came out i've listened to all their tracks i've found and i remember when the 'im still in the night came out' i thought that they will release something new eventually, but after 2 years of silence i dont know what to think.
severin-severin

Post Posted

salviaebower wrote:i'm sorry if someone asked this already but i'm too lazy to read all these pages: what happened to them? is there some info about new music? will they ever release something else ot are they done with music completely? i remember i've seen a photo from instagram, twitter or smth like that... a picture of a studio to be more specific from John or Jack...
since the lp came out i've listened to all their tracks i've found and i remember when the 'im still in the night came out' i thought that they will release something new eventually, but after 2 years of silence i dont know what to think.
I'm a hardcore fan but like most people who aren't friends of them, I know little else than what they choose to share or what I can find out by myself. Anyway, I know they've been laying low for a frustratingly long time, but I honestly don't think they're done with music. This could be wishful thinking, but I think they will return. Music is their calling, especially for John. Jack shared a photo of a studio on Instagram. I think he was in France when he posted that picture. I know John has a solo project called "John the Baptiste" that i assume is fairly recent, being that the only information about it is that he's producing the soundtrack for a movie called IRL starring sky ferreira. I"m just hoping for a soundtrack to come out for purchase or DL or whatever--but even then, it's only John's solo stuff, not all of Salem.
hope any of this helped.