I†† / Ice Cream - Split (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
I††

I†† / Ice Cream - Split (2010)

Post by I†† »

Ice Cream side:
A1 Little Children
A2 Triumph Of The Will
A3 W.H.O.R.E.S
A4 Fun
A5 Oh!
A6 At Least Your Not Hitler
A7 When Hell Swallows The Kids
A8 Really Nice
I†† side:
B1 EC_-_05
B2 øø|psalms
B3 ▲††▲©₭
B4 A Tad Ghostal
B5 Zombient
B6 Grinder

At 666 followers on Facebook the I†† section of the sold out I††/Ice Cream split cassette released through Clan Destine Records will go up as a free download. Follow here... http://www.facebook.com/eyedoublecross
Thanks!
BackAlleyLurker

Re: I†† Clan Destine split tape

Post by BackAlleyLurker »

I do have one or two copies left of the tape for sale for those interested in a physical copy.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: I†† / Ice Cream - Split (2010)

Post by zin »

If I'm not mistaken this was the official debut of I††. Happy to own this split on tape. While I'm not a big fan of the indie/punk side of Ice Cream, the I†† side, dominated by stripped electronics, hypontising chants and haunting drones is rather great, maybe uneven at times. The highlights include twisted Lynchian "øø|psalms" that crawled out of the black lodge, and ghostly waltz "a tad ghostal". "grinder" sounds like we're stuck in Twin Peaks' Bob's head.

You can download the I†† side here for free:

I've also found a review from the blog Unholy Rhytms:
https://unholyrhythms.tumblr.com/post/1 ... e-darkened
Read the review

We were left alone, unsupervised, in the darkened room. The blackness would have engulfed us had it not been for the sliver of light forcing its way through the blinds. A friendly chill pinched our flesh while we told stories of couples that met horrific fates. Scared, you and the other clamor for a flash light, hoping to find sanctuary in the playful, microscopic dust particles floating in the yellow light. Suddenly, there is a faint knock at the window. An icy, distant tapping clicking on the glass. I pretend to ignore it but I am fully aware of its presence. Knock. Knock. Knock. While a few of you were scared, I calmly sat wrapped in my blanket - observing from afar. Knock. Knock. Knock. They huddle together, afraid of the fate that was awaiting them. At that instant, the door flings open, forcing everyone to scurry. I sat there cackling in delight as the two masked individuals ran wild causing terrifying, playful havoc.

I††’s “A Tad Ghostal” conjures up bewitching witch house music that is ghostly and celebratory. The beats pound softly while the synths linger like spirits in the air. Almost like welcoming a nightmare at bedtime, there is a sense of danger lurking in the floating phantasm synths. It is beautifully ominous and, most of all, mysterious.

Purchase the split cs here. Check out the latest I†† mix and some rad shirts at No Lost Witches. PLUS - keep an eye out for a new EP TBA of mainly older material.

♪ File under: electronic, witch house, dark beatz