DISARO 20†† TOUR SHIRT

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
nvrmndus

DISARO 20†† TOUR SHIRT

Post Posted

USE PROMO CODE : DISARO : FOR 20% OFF
http://nvrmnd.bigcartel.com/product/dis ... ur-t-shirt
kukhuvud

Re: DISARO 20†† TOUR SHIRT

Post Posted

Wow, that's ugly.

So's the shirt. Zing!!!
nonotnyet

Post Posted

nice looking shirt, but after getting fucked by mr. disaro, i'd rather burn than wear it. love zombelle though.
fish

Post Posted

I'm with you. I just cant ever give him any more money or support. i'll probably even skip the disaro event in detroit this summer because of him.
jethro_tilton

Post Posted

who is giving this douche a cent at this point? not me.
hhhologram

Post Posted

jethro_tilton wrote:who is giving this douche a cent at this point? not me.
T U N D R A

Post Posted

Found this pretty interesting (also found it interesting that he still lists the White Ring 12" as a "Phase 1" release):
Today
After several months of silence, plotting and planning, Robert Disaro and Karkis Distribution have brought Disaro Records back to life. Robert will remain an integral part of of the label, finding new artists and overseeing the aesthetics of the label, but the day to day operations will be handled by the Squalor Victoria team. All releases will be produced, packaged and shipped by their talented and experienced team, making sure that the originality and innovation of Disaro will be preserved, while also insuring that all orders and releases are handled with professionalism and timeliness.
I'm sure it doesn't make those of you who've been slighted any better, but this is good news for the new artists working with him.
M△S▴C△RA

Post Posted

I'm sure it doesn't make those of you who've been slighted any better, but this is good news for the new artists working with him.
i totally agree, and am glad i didnt pay for something and did not receive it. i do hope that something is done to make the wrong, right.

mascara is releasing on this record label through the new management. and are now talking with them about making a move to ease the distrust in our community.
nonotnyet

Post Posted

from the new website:

"In May of 2011, after a series of mishaps, it’s founder decided to let a more experienced group run the label and gave the team at Karkis Distribution the go head to run the day to day operations of the label."

MISHAPS, huh? more like an asshole fucked over a lot of people for a few thousand dollars. interesting how the old releases are no deleted and no longer available and referred to as PHASE 1 RELEASES...

i'm interested in seeing where they go with new mgmt, but they still won't get a cent from me (well, i do want that zombelle lp coming out)... and i hope things go well with your involvement with them, M△S▴C△RA. good luck.

*edit*

they have a phone number you can contact... how about we bombard them calls demanding some sort of credit?
nonotnyet

Post Posted

(i just posted this to the white ring thread, too)

[[[UPDATE]]]

i've been contacted by the new disaro mgmt merely 5 minutes after leaving a voicemail. the new person that's running disaro is named german and he runs this distro (they make nice present moment shirts):

http://www.karkis.com/shop

he was very nice over the phone (esp considering the angry voice mail i'd left), and explained that robert disaro is now basically an a&r person now and that the new mgmt (him) is running the day-to-day business of the label and wants to clear everything up regarding the white ring debacle. he's sending me the record (w/ usps tracking, and some bonus goodies!) and said that there's a very limited stock of remaining copies left and that if the people who got screwed contact him, they can get their copies sent to them.

he was very nice and professional, and if you got fucked over by robert disaro and never got the record, get in touch w/ them asap... it seems that this whole mess is finally getting cleared up and he himself said to me that robert (obviously) is not a businessman, and that he's been dealing with all of this since the website went back up for the re-organized label.

this might just help clear the label's reputation up, though i still think robert disaro is an asshat. hope you other guys can get your records too... i'll post as soon as it's in my hands.
M△S▴C△RA

Post Posted

im glad the ball is rollin'. i talked to german for a few days and told him people need their stuff, or future sales arent gonna happen; by the people who didnt receive, and people who are afraid to buy because of what happened.
so if you can provide legit receipts, then you will get your money back. my good friend received his within minutes.

we are also doing a free digital & cdr compilation to start things fresh.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Leaving all the good deeds of German on a side, I still don't fully understand why people wanna 'ball' with Disaro, there are a few really good and well managed labels out there (Phantasma Disques, TUNDRA, Black Bvs, Pale Noir, Clan Destine) so why not support each other and release stuff there ?
WIK/\N

Post Posted

zin wrote:Leaving all the good deeds of German on a side, I still don't fully understand why people wanna 'ball' with Disaro, there are a few really good and well managed labels out there (Phantasma Disques, TUNDRA, Black Bvs, Pale Noir, Clan Destine) so why not support each other and release stuff there ?
Thats a BINGO !!!

Exactly
▲▲▲ http://soundcloud.com/wik-n ▲▲▲

▲▲▲ http://wikan.bandcamp.com ▲▲▲

▲▲▲ http://www.facebook.com/THEWIKAN ▲▲▲
nonotnyet

Post Posted

zin wrote:Leaving all the good deeds of German on a side, I still don't fully understand why people wanna 'ball' with Disaro, there are a few really good and well managed labels out there (Phantasma Disques, TUNDRA, Black Bvs, Pale Noir, Clan Destine) so why not support each other and release stuff there ?
well, first of all, robert disaro is always out there djing, hanging out and doing interviews (instead of running a label). secondly, he had a leg up because he was there early with the label, AND he had a leg up on helping to break SALEM. in general, he's had a higher public profile than the other labels... the only other label that's had a comparable public profile level is pendu.

anyhow, i just got two emails earlier while at work from german stating that the remaining records have arrived and they will be shipped starting tomorrow (he even remembered the bonus stuff).
M△S▴C△RA

Post Posted

which people are you refering to? the artists releasing on disaro now? we have already released on 3 out of those 5 labels.

and if this white ring mistake was taken care of, why wouldnt anyone want to release on the original 'witch house' label? i mean, idk if you make music zin, but ever since the scene started, it was everyones dream to release with them. and the thing with these small labels is that they are used as platforms for larger opportunities.