Zyprexa Effect

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Zyprexa Effect

Zyprexa Effect

Post Posted

Hey guys im pretty new here however, I am not at all new to the witch house scene. I recently started a new project. Tell me what you think, im looking to improve.

http://soundcloud.com/zyprexa-effect
fastfuck

Re: Looking for feedback.

Post Posted

liked this shit ...wasnt feeling the typical church choir tho
SHITHAUS

Post Posted

awesome synths, really. didn't like that wooden drum sample tho.
Zyprexa Effect

Post Posted

Cool thanks guys. Ya the choir doesnt need to be there...
Zyprexa Effect

New Track

Post Posted

Zyprexa Effect

Three new experimental Witch House tracks.

Post Posted

Hey guys,

I have not been visiting this forum to often lately simply because I have been quite busy with this new collaboration. I felt that my tracks were lacking and needed something/someone new on them. So I teamed up with Alternative/Lo Fi rocker Sean Nanos of Suburban Halo. The below link is the results. I would really appreciate some input and constructive criticism. I realize that these tracks are not necessarily the most traditional witch house songs, (mainly due to the guitar) but they still do have there witchier moments.

Enjoy! http://soundcloud.com/zyprexa-effect :D
Zyprexa Effect

Check Out Zyprexa Effect's New Music

Post Posted

Please Please Please listen and tell us what you think. Its different. But I feel the the genre witch house houses a variety of music. GET IT. IT HOUSES MUSIC. ITS FUNNY BECAUSE I SAID IT HOUSES MUSIC AND THE GENRE IS CALLED WITCH HOUSE.

but yea. listen and comment on it. The most "witchy" songs are Fraudulent Smoke, Wonder Land, and a few others. And yes we use guitars. I know I know. Your probably thinking "REALLY GUITARS, UGH"

but in all seriousness. here you go http://soundcloud.com/zyprexa-effect

Oh and dont forget to pick up our absolutely free song Wonder Land on the new witch step records compilation. There are some really good artists and songs on that CA. We are honored to be among such great company.
teacake

Re: Check Out Zyprexa Effect's New Music

Post Posted

Ok...

So I really REALLY like your stuff, even if it's not super witchy by the generally perceived standard. The tracks you mentioned as being more WH actually sound like some sort of hybrid, I definitely feel the WH influences and elements, but it's something pretty unique by itself, nice work. Hope you release these stuff for download soon (even if you don't, I'm about two seconds away from AudioHyjacking your Souncloud because I like it that much :lol: )
Zyprexa Effect

Post Posted

Thanks! Appreciate it d00d. Yes we are working on a release. No we dont know when its gonna be. But we shall keep everyone posted on this forum for sure.

Ps. If we cant find a halfway decent label with any sense in the next month were probably just gonna bandcamp dat shiiit. ya digg
teacake

Post Posted

Well good luck finding a label, and yeah, keep us posted!
Erik Entropy

Re: Three new experimental Witch House tracks.

Post Posted

the songs are great, I just parted ways with a witch house project i was in, and trying to do something on my own I've also started including guitar so its great to hear others doing this too! I found this oldschool effect for my guitar (couldnt go wrong for 20$) called a Boss Hyper Metal, im sure it was made for the hair bands of the time judging by the name, but its very fuzzy and dark (maybe this one is broken) but it works well for spooky leads sometimes in place of dirty synth lines and such.

sorry I cant add much in terms of constructive criticism, everything sounds great from the effects to the recording and song structures. maybe just bring up the upper frequencies in the cymbals and hihats just to add a bit of height to the mix, which could help with guitar and vocals since they both occupy similar frequencies for the most part, and by adding height you might be able to get some more room sonically for the guitar and vocals, its really hard to say since i havent heard much of this kind of music with guitar in it apart from my own, so all I can do is offer my own experiences and opinions
symbols n shit

Post Posted

All I can say is that it's great, but it feels so much like it's going in a non-witch house direction that I think that you might be able to more freely create what you want to create if you didn't think of it as witch-house.
Zyprexa Effect

Post Posted

symbols n shit wrote:All I can say is that it's great, but it feels so much like it's going in a non-witch house direction that I think that you might be able to more freely create what you want to create if you didn't think of it as witch-house.
Well I would say that its not exactly straight up witch house music. This project started with just me and at that point it was just pure witch house. However, Sean (guitarist, vocalist) got involved and kind of added his own spin to things. So the music is still greatly influenced by the witch house scene. (certain songs more than others)