Just a weird question about the WH scene

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Casper_Morgan

Just a weird question about the WH scene

Post Posted

Dont know if this question will even get answered but since I just discovered the WH genre last year I wouldn't know. I have a met a few people that make WH style music but refuse to use the witchhouse genre as a discription... is there a reason for that? I get the feeling that WH was once once very alive and well, and now seems to have died but is possibly being brought back out of the dark? Seems like Witch House is the bastard step child of electronic and you have people that love the moniker of 'witch house' or absolutely hate it.

Anyone else notice this? Can anyone shine some light into this for me? Is WH making a come back, or am I just getting into a genre of music that was dead by the time I got to it?
D3∆†hh CvL†

Re: Just a weird question about the WH scene

Post Posted

it died back in 2012-2013 but thats just my opinion.
Dingeman

Re: Just a weird question about the WH scene

Post Posted

The problem with these new internet hype genres is that they don't have solid presence in the real world. Sure, the witch house scene is 'alive' as in there are tons of producers posting witch house tracks on soundcloud. However there isn't a solid mekka for witch house in the real world. I agree that any witch house scene that was died somewhere in 2012 or 2013, that doesn't mean it is gone forever though. I hope there will be someone that makes witch house big again (inb4 make witch house great again) by producing a constant stream of cool youtube vids or something.