Is this Witch House?

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
bcwarlock

Is this Witch House?

Post Posted

If not what should I have done to make it fit in more with the genre....I basically just started a track and it came out like this...

Dingeman

Re: Is this Witch House?

Post Posted

I'd say it's leaning towards witch house. The beginning sounds more like a regular hiphop beat but when the synth-beeping sound comes in starts to sound more like witch house. If you really want witch house then just give it a distorted/rough bass line and add some crazy synths. It feels like you try to keep it clean which isn't what witch house is about.
bcwarlock

Post Posted

Dingeman wrote:I'd say it's leaning towards witch house. The beginning sounds more like a regular hiphop beat but when the synth-beeping sound comes in starts to sound more like witch house. If you really want witch house then just give it a distorted/rough bass line and add some crazy synths. It feels like you try to keep it clean which isn't what witch house is about.
Thanks for the response man!!At first i was gonna take the lowpass of the bass and let the buzzing part of the saw tooth come through but was afraid it would eat up the rest of the mix....gonna have to try and work on dirtying up my sounds i guess.Ive been listening to some Salem and i do enjoy how abrasive some of their synths are...thanks for the help man guess ill start another tune and keep what you said in mind :)
Dingeman

Post Posted

bcwarlock wrote:
Dingeman wrote:I'd say it's leaning towards witch house. The beginning sounds more like a regular hiphop beat but when the synth-beeping sound comes in starts to sound more like witch house. If you really want witch house then just give it a distorted/rough bass line and add some crazy synths. It feels like you try to keep it clean which isn't what witch house is about.
Thanks for the response man!!At first i was gonna take the lowpass of the bass and let the buzzing part of the saw tooth come through but was afraid it would eat up the rest of the mix....gonna have to try and work on dirtying up my sounds i guess.Ive been listening to some Salem and i do enjoy how abrasive some of their synths are...thanks for the help man guess ill start another tune and keep what you said in mind :)
there's also more extreme examples. for example, SATANBEAT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm4dTZa9T8Y) and White Ring (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7XJHiLSKKk) listening to those should get you more of an idea of what witch house sounds like. Goodluck!