Dangerous Minds : Enter The Witch House

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
∆AIMON

Dangerous Minds : Enter The Witch House

Post by ∆AIMON »

Written by Texture for Dangerous Minds, this article helps to outline its defining elements while reminding the uninformed why this movement continues to stay relevant and revolutionary.
Quite possibly the best piece on the "witch house" genre we've come across, at the very least it touches on all of the points I personally find to be the true value behind the movement.

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/ ... tch_house/
viv

Re: Dangerous Minds : Enter The Witch House

Post by viv »

good article - I'd have liked it to expand a little more on the darknetization, the encrypting of witch house through symbols and constantly re-defined genre status, this is something im kinda interested in, still a great article though with nuff linx
Notes from the Vomitorium - Amerkaji Meme - Feynmans Echo - Pyrrhic Victories

♏ ♏ℯ ⅉ⨑ ץ◍ữ ɲℯℯđ ⍴ℾ◍-⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ - ⅉ ặ♏ ặ ⍴ℾ◍đữc✞ⅉ◍ɲ ƨ✞ữđⅉ◍ ℬ◍◍kⅉɲℊ ặℊℯɲ✞
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post by Pe† Ceme†ery »

Texture knocked it out of the park. I think this should be the new "standard text" for n00bs. Partly because me and mine are on it ;)
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post by ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ »

Agreed; at least it's about the music and artists, and not the name itself.
∆AIMON

Post by ∆AIMON »

definitely agree. kind of bummed by the lack of all things Pale Noir, but hopefully the article will inspire some readers to branch out and discover more than what's in the article itself!
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post by ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ »

Happy for us not to be named "witch house". ;)
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post by Pe† Ceme†ery »

There's a lack of a lot of things, but it's still excellent. In all honesty I would have gladly replaced the mention of Aural Sects for Pale Noir. They put out so much good stuff (it's also quite sad Story of Isaac and eyedoublecross only made a footnote...). Ah well. Like y'all said it's a solid platform to research from. Anyone who clicks on those will inevitably click through to find some more.
I††

Post by I†† »

†▲βU∩∩ℽ▲† wrote:There's a lack of a lot of things, but it's still excellent. In all honesty I would have gladly replaced the mention of Aural Sects for Pale Noir. They put out so much good stuff (it's also quite sad Story of Isaac and eyedoublecross only made a footnote...). Ah well. Like y'all said it's a solid platform to research from. Anyone who clicks on those will inevitably click through to find some more.
Lol, I†† is used to being the bastard child of the scene. :twisted: It is appropriate on many levels. What did surprise me, though, is oOoOO being a footnote.
Phantasma Disques

Post by Phantasma Disques »

In some ways it only scratches the surface, again - No word on Phantasma Disques with 23 important releases in half a year including fromrussiawithaids, Powwoww, How I quit Crack, I††, GL▲SS †33†H, ~▲l▲~, teehn bwitches, ▲NDRΛS, MICRO NAPS, SLOW HEAD, Pyramids of MU
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Article is quite ok, however it looks like written by someone who has only recently discovered the genre, hence the lack of some important names / labels.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

+ why he listed WU LYF as being affiliated with the "scene" ??
T U N D R A

Post by T U N D R A »

This is the problem with these articles. People get butthurt when they're not mentioned, they complain at the use of genre labels, they take the article much too seriously, etc.

Take it for what it is. There are things I would do differently, but I didn't write it so why worry? It's a good intro to those curious as to what the "scene" is all about.
T U N D R A

Post by T U N D R A »

Also, this is the problem with electronic music as a whole: instead of saying "Awesome. Glad someone wrote a coherent article about what we do!" people complain and try and shoot it down. What happened to supporting each other? What happened to any sense of scene unity? This kind of stuff should be FUN to read, not be a source of constant bummers.
Phantasma Disques

Post by Phantasma Disques »

T U N D R A wrote:This is the problem with these articles. People get butthurt when they're not mentioned, they complain at the use of genre labels, they take the article much too seriously, etc.

Take it for what it is. There are things I would do differently, but I didn't write it so why worry? It's a good intro to those curious as to what the "scene" is all about.
Sure. But if writing some article like that you should not write in a subjective way - and this article looks a bit like this. Would be the same as I would write an article on Witch House concentrating on Phantasma Disques bands in the main part as connected to it or as some artists are friends to supporting them cover the other artists and labels in small sentences to have it look like an essay. If he would has written like "this is a selection of my favorite artists/heroes and labels" it would be okay - but it is written more objective and has subjective character...

But sure that's a problem in journalism at all.