Teacake - Happy House EP (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
sch1omo

Re: Teacake - Happy House EP (2011)

Post Posted

Just remember, you haven't made it until you have haters.
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

Nova Sol wrote:
✝SLAVERY✝ wrote:adding hip-hop beats to a supposed SOUISXIE & THE BANSHEE cover??? Uuuuuuugh. What were you thinking????
pretty sure a large part ov witch house could be summed up as siouxsie and the banshees with hip-hop beats.
Okay Can you name one witch house song that sounds similar to, let's say, "Spellbound" or "Love In A Void"...but with hip hop beats? I'd sure like to hear this comparison..
teacake

Post Posted

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

But seeing as no one seems to be jumping to your side in support of what you're saying, I've still got my money on you being one of Logan's butt buddies.

Also, might I add:

Thanks for listening. 8-)
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

teacake wrote:Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

But seeing as no one seems to be jumping to your side in support of what you're saying, I've still got my money on you being one of Logan's butt buddies.
If everyone's entitled to their opinions, then believe whatever delusions you'd like to believe to justify critism of your lousy, subpar product. I explained my thoughts on the album so it's your choice if you want to listen to valid critism and possbly learn something and/or evolve musically or continue to disregard advice and continue to making mediocre music, but hey at least you still got that ego in tact huh. I don't really know who Logan is other than some witchhouse-fanboy hipster-wannabe internetdweeb on a fucking facebook witch house group (of all things to give a shit about) nor do I care to be pulled into your little hissyfit with him. thanks much.
teacake

Post Posted

I took the time to read everything you've posted here, but the way you choose to present yourself makes it difficult to take you seriously. You're overly bitter for someone who supposedly has no ulterior motives for starting this nonsense. Either that, or you're just a pud :lol: either way, don't expect me to lose sleep over your words.

It feels good to have my first hater. 8-)

Also, I'm curious... where can I find your work?
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

Difficult to take seriously? Your album fucking sucks. Take that seriously. :lol: Are you really that dense or are you just playing stupid? Hate to break it to you but having SOME discerning taste in music is not being bitter. :roll: wow.. i am sorry but I'm not a sheep who mindlessly consumes any and every piece of garbage anybody chooses to label as witch house without one critical thought, unlike some others into the genre. bad music is bad music. and in this case very bad. I didn't make up that "walmart of witch house" line but i thought it was fairly accurate. On second thought, Idk about "walmart" of witch house but i'd certainly consider you the "Nickleback" of witch house if you know what I mean.
teacake

Post Posted

Still waiting for a link to your stuff.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

Nova Sol wrote:
✝SLAVERY✝ wrote:adding hip-hop beats to a supposed SOUISXIE & THE BANSHEE cover??? Uuuuuuugh. What were you thinking????
pretty sure a large part ov witch house could be summed up as siouxsie and the banshees with hip-hop beats.
This^
and I think it's great. I like what I hear, but don't be afraid to get a little more "out there."

EDIT:
Also, let's not feed the trolls. Please and thank you.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
teacake

Post Posted

mis†er_elec†ric wrote:Also, let's not feed the trolls. Please and thank you.
But...

...ok
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

mis†er_elec†ric wrote:
Nova Sol wrote:

EDIT:
Also, let's not feed the trolls. Please and thank you.
Riiight, because those with a critical ear, refined aural tastes and views that he or she is not afraid to express even though others might not like them are, of course, trolls... Right. Are you kidding me? Get outta here with that shit dude. :roll: Where's my stuff? Why? Why can't you just accept the fact that some don't like your album. You seem to have a problem with those that aren't afraid to let it know they dont like it. It's like you have a problem with people giving you their genuine feedback because it isn't glowingly positive and have to challenge them with snide little remarks. I for one refuse to coddle any mediocre craftsmanship in the arts and will voice my opinion as I see fit. You put it out there in the public where it's ripe for PUBLIC SCRUTINY. Grow up and deal with it. If you want only compliments, I suggest releasing it only to your close friends who don't have the guts to tell you its trash. I can't believe I am getting shit for simply voicing my opinion. Be a bunch sheep followers if you want, whatever, I really couldn't give a fuck. I, however, am going to think for myself.
Last edited by ✝SLAVERY✝ on August 29th, 2011, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

✝SLAVERY✝ wrote:
Riiight, because those with a critical ear, refined aural tastes and views that he or she is not afraid to express even though others might not like them are, of course, trolls... Right. Are you kidding me? Get outta here with that shit dude. :roll: Where's my stuff? Why? Why can't you just accept the fact that some don't like your album. You seem to have a problem with those that aren't afraid to let it know they dont like it. It's like you have a problem with people giving you their genuine feedback because it isn't glowingly positive and have to challenge them with snide little remarks. I for one refuse to coddle any mediocre craftsmanship in the arts and will voice my opinion as I see fit. You put it out there in the public where it's ripe for PUBLIC SCRUTINY. Grow up and deal with it.
Wow. Thank you for the essay. You've made your dislike for this ep abundantly clear. Now please move on and leave this thread alone. Thank you.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

mis†er_elec†ric wrote:
✝SLAVERY✝ wrote:
Riiight, because those with a critical ear, refined aural tastes and views that he or she is not afraid to express even though others might not like them are, of course, trolls... Right. Are you kidding me? Get outta here with that shit dude. :roll: Where's my stuff? Why? Why can't you just accept the fact that some don't like your album. You seem to have a problem with those that aren't afraid to let it know they dont like it. It's like you have a problem with people giving you their genuine feedback because it isn't glowingly positive and have to challenge them with snide little remarks. I for one refuse to coddle any mediocre craftsmanship in the arts and will voice my opinion as I see fit. You put it out there in the public where it's ripe for PUBLIC SCRUTINY. Grow up and deal with it.
Wow. Thank you for the essay. You've made your dislike for this ep abundantly clear. Now please move on and leave this thread alone. Thank you.
Sorry that ten sentences was such a stretch for you. Relax your puny little brain now, it's all over, thinking time over.
mis†er_elec†ric

Post Posted

I'm sorry that you're so angry, †SLAVERY†. Maybe you should get out and make some friends, or write a book with all the wisdom you've shared on these forums.

Back to the EP: It's a solid base and I'm hoping for some more experimentation in future releases.
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

Again, critical does not mean angry. I'll write the book on biggest waste of time: trying to debate art and music with the mentally handicapped on witch-house.com. I'm sure it'll sell a million copies, but hell, I'm sure you couldn't get past the first paragraph.
Anton Maiof

Post Posted

I don't want to fan the flames here, everyone else is doing a really good job of that already (f'nar, f'nar lordy etc)

can someone explain how a music release can be a "wal-mart"? I've never been to America, but from my understanding of when they took over ASDA in the UK and that episode of South Park, they are just a large supermarket chain.

I can understand how a PLACE can be a "wal-mart" like one stop, kind of generic shopping centre. But how can a EP be that? In England you have Tesco and they do a cheap/budget range called Tesco Value. So to call something the "Tesco Value of Witch House" would mean generic / cheap / ripped off.

Mr Teacake, these days I only listen to bad reviews, because I feel I can learn more about the world from them than people cupping my balls. Sometimes I will say "oh they are right, I should worry about that more" and sometimes I will say "no, I disagree with that" but it always makes me think.

So to Mr Slavery, am I missing something do you literally mean "Your release is like a giant conglomerate shopping centre company of witch house"? because if you are going to give out advice I would thoroughly make sure your observations at least make sense, lest you look somewhat dim-witted.