White Ring - Slow Burned (2020) cassette

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

White Ring - Slow Burned (2020) cassette

Post by zin »

https://rocketgirl.co.uk/catalogue/rgirl125
rgirl125, Release Date: 27/11/2020

There are 50 copies only. 25 will be sold from the bands website in USA, 25 from the Rocket Girl site in the UK
Tracklisting

1. Shaken to Sleep
2. Aessence
3. Aessence (Rearrange Evil)
4. Lower Road (down)

new tape from WR - get it while you can
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: White Ring - Slow Burned (2020) cassette

Post by zin »

My tape arrived after quite stressful and delayed journey, for a moment I thought it got lost in the mail. What a fantastic 4-track release. "Shaken to Sleep" is a classic slow paced, vocals-led WR witch house track with dreamy melody, giving me some weird (but absolutely pleasant) Neverending Story vibes. "Aessence" is just another proof that witch house romance with grunge music is underexplored. Back in the DISARO era we got ÐOSE's "Teenage Basement", followed up by his Jonny Teardrop alias; but off top of my head I cannot think of many other artists who tried to blend both worlds. Noisy guitar of "Aessence" sits well on the drum track, backed with Adina's singing. The remixed version on side B is also gnarly, more lo-fi rock than WH, but sits so well with the rest of the tracks. The closing "Lower Road (down)" track is a creepy, dragged gem that brings back the best memories from 2010. Really happy with this release, and looking forward to what's next for WR in 2021.

WHITE RING - Shaken to Sleep

WHITE RING - Lower Road (down)
STRFLL

Post by STRFLL »

Hey

Do you happen to have a cassette rip of the Aessence remix, I missed out on the tape when they did the Show Me Heaven preorders and this track hasn't leaked anywhere online
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Sure thing, here it is:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
STRFLL

Post by STRFLL »

wholesome as fuck, i reached out to the band about the tape and they told me they have 1 extra copy left that they could ship with my shirt :D genuinely love bry and adina so fuckin much
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

That's amazing! I love this tape, it'll be a nice gem in your collection.
Which tee are you buying?
STRFLL

Post by STRFLL »

zin wrote: July 14th, 2023, 1:01 pm That's amazing! I love this tape, it'll be a nice gem in your collection.
Which tee are you buying?
the new mental institutes tee
ST4YUG£¥

Post by ST4YUG£¥ »

Hey! I was just adding the new WR album tape to Discogs, and just now seen the two additional tracks that the limited tape release for Slow Burned included.

Does anyone have a WAV or MP3 rip of tracks 3 & 4?
Unfortunately, the link above for one of the tracks is no longer available. :/ Much appreciated!
STRFLL

Post by STRFLL »

ST4YUG£¥ wrote: April 4th, 2024, 5:43 pm Hey! I was just adding the new WR album tape to Discogs, and just now seen the two additional tracks that the limited tape release for Slow Burned included.

Does anyone have a WAV or MP3 rip of tracks 3 & 4?
Unfortunately, the link above for one of the tracks is no longer available. :/ Much appreciated!
I gotta get my tape player working but sure