Witch House Room on Soulseek.com

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Paradise Lost

Witch House Room on Soulseek.com

Post Posted

Hello,

I'm new to this site but not to the genre. Fellow deathrock.com know me as dancingwithdeath. I would have joined this site a long time ago, but I just recently bought a computer and have the internets again. (fucking finally/ fucking economy). I'll be an active member here soon and you know me, and will either love or hate me... no in between! I used to make electronic music 10 yrs back and was doing stuff along these lines so hopefully I will be contributing some jams. Still trying to get my programs and sound library together.

Most of you should know about the best p2p filesharing program called Soulseek. like the old napster but a million times better and no ad/spam bullshit like limewire.. etc.

If you don't have it installed already, go to http://slsknet.org/ and download the app. Here's the lastest version with the most features.

http://slsknet.org/slsk157NS13e.exe

Anyway, if you know the app, then you know they have rooms where like-minded folks can gather... chat/ trade whatever. I set one up for Witch House and would like you fine folks to join. If there already is one in progress, please let me know and I will join that. The awesome thing is that you can browse users files and learn new artists that you might not be aware of.

Sorry I didn't do any fancy symbols are anything. I was in a hurry. If you have trouble finding it let me know. I'm the only one in there so you may need to right click in the room list and choose "show all rooms" or something because they dont display the rooms with low user #'s until you set it up to show.

Hopefully there is some interest. I've been reading posts here and it seems like we are all witch house junkies!

Cheers!
Robert
Paradise Lost

Re: Witch House Room on Soulseek.com

Post Posted

Also, when I'm at work, and the comp goes offline, the room might not be visable at all, so someone else will need to create it maybe until there's more traffic. Once you get in the room, you can right click somewhere in the message section and choose "toggle room auto-join". This will automatically put you in the room when you start soulseek.

Thanx
T U N D R A

Post Posted

Sorry man, but no love here for that. You're actively promoting the pirating of music we work on and that's simply not cool.

Support labels like Pale Noir, Phantasma Disques, Black Bus, and Tundra of course and buy the stuff if you like it. Don't go around downloading it like an asshole.
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post Posted

^ What he said. NOT COOL.
Paradise Lost

Post Posted

Hey I guess you two told me. LOL! It's not cool to download on soulseek, but all the mediafire links traded here is fine? What about that Salem thread and the links shared openly and peoples imaginary friend god only knows what behind the scenes?

most of the stuff I listen to is mostly wayyyyyyyy out of print or not even in a store. But whatever.
Nova Sol

Post Posted

most MF links traded here are from the musicians themselves. nothing in the salem thread is available commerically (as far as i know, anyway--i don't really follow them).

on the other hand, soulseek is (or at least is intended to be) a way for musicians to trade their own work. i won't sit here and say i'm a saint who has never used slsk for mustache-twirling nefarious purposes, but 97% ov my soulseek usage has been either a) getting tracks from the musicians themselves (khate used to make a point ov distributing her non-commercial work there) or b) getting live bootlegs that, even if they were beïng sold commercially, none ov the money would reach the artist (got lots ov ministry, skinny puppy and einstürzende neubauten from before they started recording every gig that way).

back on the first hand (or is this a third hand?), despite witch house's hipster reputation, i don't think any ov us are impressed by how out-ov-print and non-commerical you say your tastes are.
T U N D R A

Post Posted

Paradise Lost wrote:Hey I guess you two told me. LOL! It's not cool to download on soulseek, but all the mediafire links traded here is fine? What about that Salem thread and the links shared openly and peoples imaginary friend god only knows what behind the scenes?

most of the stuff I listen to is mostly wayyyyyyyy out of print or not even in a store. But whatever.
-___________________________________-
teacake

Post Posted

Paradise Lost wrote:most of the stuff I listen to is mostly wayyyyyyyy out of print or not even in a store. But whatever.
Well, aren't you hip.

The same could be said about the vast majority of the stuff that is trafficked and traded here... 'cept, as Nova said, most of it comes directly from the artists themselves.

Whether or not your intentions are piracy, the system still has the vulnerability of being abused for that purpose - whereas it can be kept in check for the most part on a forum - and that's the point in which it stops being constructive and starts being destructive to the community.

Also, just wanted to point out that your childish response to Tundra's considerably chill post makes you look like a fool and a jackass.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Paradise Lost wrote:Hey I guess you two told me. LOL! It's not cool to download on soulseek, but all the mediafire links traded here is fine? What about that Salem thread and the links shared openly and peoples imaginary friend god only knows what behind the scenes?

all of those "super-mega-rare" Salem tracks were never released "officially" so you can't buy them, they were just leaked to the internet, even their Disaro CDRs were not authorised by the band
T U N D R A

Post Posted

zin wrote:

all of those "super-mega-rare" Salem tracks were never released "officially" so you can't buy them, they were just leaked to the internet, even their Disaro CDRs were not authorised by the band
Seriously? The Salem Disaro CDs weren't even a band sanctified release?
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

I've spoken to Colin aka Indigochild (http://www.discogs.com/artist/indigochild) who's probably one of the biggest SALEM stans everr :) He said he had a chat with John Holland and he told him they never authorised those CDs...
Phantasma Disques

Post Posted

zin wrote:I've spoken to Colin aka Indigochild (http://www.discogs.com/artist/indigochild) who's probably one of the biggest SALEM stans everr :) He said he had a chat with John Holland and he told him they never authorised those CDs...
authorised is a nice word for it... maybe from sight of now they wanted to have them as non-authorised

But how once Disaro got them? And why is the one called owleyes. Wasn't owleyes the guy who discovered salem? Questions over questions...
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Colin added all those CDs to Discogs, so check out his comments in the release notes section:
http://www.discogs.com/SALEM-Owleyes/release/2798618 "Owleyes" CDR also known as "FuCKU"
http://www.discogs.com/SALEM-FuCKT/release/2798463
http://www.discogs.com/SALEM-FuCKT/release/2798541