Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Re: Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?

Post by ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ »

Sorry, I beat all you kids. Saw Skinny Puppy, Too Dark Park tour 1990. :twisted:
FURTHER

Post by FURTHER »

In my mid teens I really got into the grebo scene, Gaye Bykers on Acid, Pop Will Eat Itself etc, while my elder brother got me into the goth scene Sisters, Nephilim etc, Into the nineties I was a real indie kid, by 95 heavily into shoegaze, particularly Flying Saucer Attack and My Bloody Valentine, then came Mogwai and Godspeed in the late nineties. This last decade has seen so many bands come may way, mainly in guitar based vein.
In the late eighties, I was the only kid in school who wasn't into 'house' and had a pretty hard time for it, I think in reaction to this I've never ventured into electronic music too deeply, yeah the classics - Aphex twin, Boards of Canada, early Orb etc. Witch house sort of haunted me, I seemed to keep seeing the term, but was put off by the 'house' (memories of a night waiting for a dealer round a friends, he was speeding his balls off and playing happy house for hours, I was sober and desperatly wanted to be stoned) After a few weeks of it bugging me, got hold of 'Ghetto Ass Witch' liked the darkness, and that it seemed not too serious, then Aimons Amen ep, different pace, more dark, things flowed from there.
Been sort of making music for about 11 years. Mostly crap. Recently made a bit more effort and got a bit more kit, enjoy the process of it more than making any lasting result.
I am in the process of inventing new musical genres that could change the face of music, but will probably never be heard outside my attic.
Nova Sol

Post by Nova Sol »

ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ wrote:Sorry, I beat all you kids. Saw Skinny Puppy, Too Dark Park tour 1990. :twisted:
jealous here. i didn't see them until the Greater Wrong ov the Right tour, day before halloween, 2004. damn good show, that.
kukhuvud

Post by kukhuvud »

Sorry Scythe, but I beat you... I still have the backstage passes to Too Dark Park and Last Rights ;)
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post by ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ »

Nice one! Little-known fact about the Too Dark Park tour: they were supposed to play Gainesville (FL) [before the Orlando date] but couldn't because the stage at the venue was too small. Will never forget the day I rain into Nivek on the street and talked about this with him. Meeting one's idol at a young age is hard to beat!

Also - that same year (1990), I saw Nine Inch Nails perform in a cafeteria at University of Florida.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

bumping this thread
dirtypharms

Post by dirtypharms »

i first saw "witch-house" appearing on last.fm a couple years ago, but was hesitant to get into it cause i was really scared of witches. i was really intensely practicing magic at the time (read: eating too much LSD) and was really paranoid about the influence of black magic on my own practices. it was only after a few depressing expereinces that made me despise and resent humanity that i came around to the dark side and developed a love of evil aesthetics. the first witch i downloaded was either ponyboy or white ring. prior to this i had been really into hip-hop and experimental music, and witch house seemed to be a good combination of them both. don't really remember how i found this forum, i think i was just looking for places to promote my music online
☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿DRRTY SWVG☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿☿
BeachGoth

Post by BeachGoth »

I think the first wave of witch house came on late 2008 (not with this tags) and i liked a lot some of the stuff i found around the web coz i was really into shoegaze, industrial and some lo-fi electronic music, that time.
I dont know whats gonna happen to WH or WH influenced music but i'm afraid... Last days havent seen much releases and i see lots of producers moving to other atmospheres and sounds. Witch house's not cool anymore :lol: