Witch-House.com hate... really?

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
teacake

Witch-House.com hate... really?

Post by teacake »

So I was rolling around online, specifically in the FB group Witchbook. and I got totally chewed out for linking my remix topic in the group, because it was on these boards. Someone took great offense to it, and when I asked why, they couldn't give me a straight answer beyond "because it sucks... it's the walmart of witch house."

Seriously, what the fuck? How is drawing divides like this within a fledgling culture anything but destructive? Furthermore, I've easily learned 1000x more about WH and what's going on in the scene on these boards than I have in any other groups or blogs I follow.

So what is with this hate? Is the dude who started Witchbook just a pud, or is there some sort of history or what? In addition, does anyone else here run into similar issues, either regarding WH.com or not, just general hate within the culture for no real justifiable reason?
∆AIMON

Re: Witch-House.com hate... really?

Post by ∆AIMON »

I'm completely with you on this subject. I generally pride myself on being uninvolved in the politics manifesting/expressing within the groups, but even so it's difficult to remain neutral when specific characters involved are being extremely destructive towards the genre itself (it's already maligned greatly in the blogosphere as is, why make it even more laughable). This forum has at least for the most part (despite certain blatant instances) been fairly respectable. For some it's about the music, for others it's about the politics. Having a little deeper knowledge into the background of the generated hate and having witnessed first-hand the lies and slander, all I can say is if I were you I'd simply retain what feels right to you and remain within the fields of proper listening and discussion and have nothing to do with unwelcome hate groups. Those are my thoughts anyway, I won't hold less respect for anyone having different beliefs on the subject...
teacake

Post by teacake »

I whole heartedly agree, though I am guilty of taunting individuals who are already pulling the "it was better back in the day card" in WH...

I dropped Witchbook after this occurrence. As I said, I wasn't getting much from it, and just the knowledge that there is hostility towards these boards within the group made it suddenly a very tense environment for me, and I don't want any of that.
∆AIMON

Post by ∆AIMON »

I left for pretty much the same reason. It's my belief that the WitchBook group is really of no use to anyone looking to discover/share new music or have a legitimate discourse. If anything, I have concern that it may be actually harming the genre it purports to represent, especially in it's ability to leave a bad taste in the mouth of any passing interested parties...
∆AIMON

Post by ∆AIMON »

incidentally, thanks for being a continual voice of reason within this board. it's always appreciated.
iamthesunset

Post by iamthesunset »

I'm pretty new to the boards here, but personally i've had nothing but kind words and polite debate/discussion. Sure enough i've seen a bit of bickering, and a very tiny bit of douchebaggery, but i've seen worse on a buddhism forum. :lol:

As for the little i've seen on the WitchBook page, it does seem to be full of people who only want their genre preserved in a great big fuck-off jar, with no progression or evolution whatsoever. Obviously that doesn't account for everybody on there, but when it's the impression you get whenever you go on there, surely it's only harming the genre rather than "saving" it? Maybe i'm just not kvlt enough for that group.
K▼L▲M†††B▲R▲NG

Post by K▼L▲M†††B▲R▲NG »

Wow, sounds like those dudes in Witchbook (not all of them, I hope) sound like they're 13 who think they're 7r00 br0074l kvlt for listening to their pseudo-underground bands. Same thing happened to most other genres, I guess. "I'm more punk than you because you listen to so-so and that's fake shit", "that's not real metal, that's mainstream bullshit", etc. Personally, I'm tired of that kind of childishness. I mean, in the end of the day, it should still be all about the music right? That elitist attitude towards other people, especially those who are just getting into witch house, or any genre for that matter, is just severely counterproductive to the scene as a whole. And here I am thinking that kind of thinking was already passe. Or maybe they're just trying to be ironic, like remixing Justin Beiber. Goddamn hipsters.

Gotta admit, I chuckled a bit with that "walmart of witch house" jab though.
You get sloppy drunk. I stay whisky neat. My clique should be cancelled -- FREAKS AND GEEKS.
teacake

Post by teacake »

K▼L▲M†††B▲R▲NG wrote: Or maybe they're just trying to be ironic, like remixing Justin Beiber. Goddamn hipsters.
:lol:
ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ

Post by ƧƆỴ†ɧЄ »

Agreed; no need for the drama. And no reason for hate amongst us; we're in this together. That said, there are certain prominent individuals in this very scene who have stolen, lied, etc. GREATLY from certain of their peers. Not naming names of course, but many of us know who they are. Reaping time will come.
T U N D R A

Post by T U N D R A »

Logan Cale is a disgusting human being and a pariah. He rides people's dick in an attempt to take credit for their work because he's completely talentless. That's all I've got to say on the subject.
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post by Pe† Ceme†ery »

T U N D R A wrote:Logan Cale is a disgusting human being and a pariah. He rides people's dick in an attempt to take credit for their work because he's completely talentless. That's all I've got to say on the subject.
Same. Also WitchBook is destructive. I met some really nice people there, and then we all left to form Aural Sects. The biggest problem IS Lolgan. He will talk to people for 2-3 hours basically just saying about his shit will blow everyone away whilst poo-pooing pretty much anything new. Needless to say I have very little respect for him and anything he does... oh wait, what DOES he do, exactly?... Witchbook was mostly OK way back when... When Logan was offline lol.

PS. Old Skool Saturdays was my idea, and I bet it's regularly still one of the most interesting bits about the place.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

I've actually just joined that group, can't say much so far.

Don't know who Logan Cale is, except from being the group admin... does he produce as well ?
audrey hørne

Post by audrey hørne »

I don't have any problems with Logan. he's been kind to me so I have no reason to not be kind in return.
puxel

Post by puxel »

I made fun of LOLgan for getting trolled and he banned me from his group. then he couldn't unban me and asked me to make a fake account so i could participate.

dude's seedy. he doesn't produce anything really...just posts links to music i've heard months before.

I completely agree with T U N D R A.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

Wow, honestly, check this out:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/14014076 ... 3483224837

about the site: "there is a neverending group of beginners here. THIS is where the scene happens." (this as in the Witchbook)

lol, I came there with good will, but as I can see it's not good enough