Stop me if I'm wrong but...

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
✝SLAVERY✝

Stop me if I'm wrong but...

Post by ✝SLAVERY✝ »

I might be paranoid but I feel like a lot of you are being punked by Deftone fans. I'm pretty sure a few of the albums posted here have been crudely constructed joke witch house albums. It's been pretty hilarious to have been guessing which ones lately are real and which are jokes and it's been even funnier seeing some geniunely compliment these albums. Has anyone else perhaps noticed this? I believe we are all being played.
mis†er_elec†ric

Re: Stop me if I'm wrong but...

Post by mis†er_elec†ric »

Witch House is ripe for the trolling being a newer, highly experimental genre. I have some noticed some ridiculous shit, but I wouldn't accredit it exclusively to Deftones fans—but I'm sure they're there.
⁄̱̱̱̱̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̆̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̨̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̱̑̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̆̄̃ṛ̵̵̵̵̱̊ ̧̧̧̱̱̑̆̆·̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̣́̊̉̊̉̉̊̄̋⋆̵̧̧̧̛̛̛̛̦̄̈̊̊̄̉⁄̵̵̵̵̵̛̣̱̱̃̄ ̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̵̛̛̣̣̣̣̣̣̣̑́̄̃̈̃̃̈̄
teacake

Post by teacake »

If someone took the time to write a bogus album, create an account, and post it up, it says more about them than the people they're supposedly trolling.

Smoke less weed, it'll help with the paranoia.
✝SLAVERY✝

Post by ✝SLAVERY✝ »

teacake wrote:If someone took the time to write a bogus album, create an account, and post it up, it says more about them than the people they're supposedly trolling.

What if it's some sort of social experiment? Material for some online skit bound to end up on YouTube, making you all look fool? Some of these songs are honestly not all that difficult to recreate similar sounds to. Another group previously fooled the media with a phony Salem song, which ended up being a dragged remix of a post punk sounding song of theirs. Who's to say someone isn't getting their kicks writing simple versions of this drag sounding songs, creating fake artwork along with the supposed releases and laughing all the way to the bank??? Someone made a post about making album art to albums that dont exist so its honestly not that hard to believe. All I can say is I guess I want in on the joke before it's too late. I should start remixing the sounds of my bodily excretions and posting them online pronto.
Pe† Ceme†ery

Post by Pe† Ceme†ery »

✝SLAVERY✝ wrote:
teacake wrote:If someone took the time to write a bogus album, create an account, and post it up, it says more about them than the people they're supposedly trolling.

What if it's some sort of social experiment? Material for some online skit bound to end up on YouTube, making you all look fool? Some of these songs are honestly not all that difficult to recreate similar sounds to. Another group previously fooled the media with a phony Salem song, which ended up being a dragged remix of a post punk sounding song of theirs. Who's to say someone isn't getting their kicks writing simple versions of this drag sounding songs, creating fake artwork along with the supposed releases and laughing all the way to the bank??? Someone made a post about making album art to albums that dont exist so its honestly not that hard to believe. All I can say is I guess I want in on the joke before it's too late. I should start remixing the sounds of my bodily excretions and posting them online pronto.
If it sounds good and I like it then SO BE IT. I wouldn't care if I was made fun of for genuinely liking something that was intended differently. But then, unless I'm having a hand in it, I genuinely don't care (when I'm listening to it) what the artist's intentions are/were.
s i g n s

Post by s i g n s »

especially due to the web 2.0 approach that sorta embodies this scene, i'm not sure that many people are "laughing all the way to the bank" around here.
i'm mischa.
signs on facebook, twitter, soundcloud, tumblr, last.fm
signssignssigns [at] gmail [dot] com
cutups

Post by cutups »

I have to wonder what examples you are talking about? What release are people going ga-ga over that's just a 'troll'?
Hardly anything on here gets that much hype. Its usually just measured, individual opinions, if anything.