#seapunk

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
Mcll

Re: #seapunk

Post Posted

@mis†er_elec†ric- Thank you for the compliments. I am hard at work on an LP now. Working with Phantasma Disques.
amrootha

Heroin Addiction

Post Posted

Thanks for your nice information. :lol:

Post Posted

Seapunk is def not dead. keeps evolving: http://soundcloud.com/dj-586/wet-goddess
this is amazing. dude reps Ocean Gang too. So there is def a connection.
DEAD†CROSS

Post Posted

cloudonshore wrote: I've always seen chillwave and witch house as light/dark sides of the same coin.
exactly
sea punk = heaven/paradise
witch house = hell/distress
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

seapunk =/= chillwave

and it's true that chillwave is much closer sonically than seapunk

seapunk is for me neo-tech house & the likes with water-themed influences
Technoctopus

Post Posted

I dont understand water sounds are what makes #seapunk ? Then wouldnt Balam Acab be considered #seapunk? Personally this whole thing seems like a joke I think someone is just trolling all of you
oOoOOoOoooOoooO
GODHATESNATURE

Post Posted

seapunk started as an inside joke in an online chat room and grew exponentially out of control. but lets not forget kids. just cause you are popular on the internet doesnt mean you are actually popular.
krupielove

Post Posted

hey Guys great mixtape has that which house vibe to it http://soundcloud.com/krupielove/mix-spring you should like, download it spread it love it. And great day to you all
leakhead666

Post Posted

#seapunk is dead??? you fuckers just made this shit up last month and you already want it to die. how fickled can u fucking hipsters be? i hate to sound like one of "those guys" but just make music for the sake of music and fuck the microgenre/trendwave bullshit (excluding witchhouse ofcourse, which is actually something new and innovative). quit trying to micrclassify your music and then wanting your new "subgenre" to die as soon as it it catches a little bit of internet hype... idea for a new troma movie: #SEAPUNK NAZIS MUST DIE!!!
Anton Maiof

Post Posted

leakhead666 wrote:trendwave
this is a great name for a genre ;)
mmmmmmmm

Post Posted

#missinglink
cmos00

Post Posted

HAH i read this the other night and pissed myself laughing at albert as dolphin image
SKELETONKIDS

Post Posted

cmos00 wrote:HAH i read this the other night and pissed myself laughing at albert as dolphin image
Ditto.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

Lil Internet & Lil Gov on seapunk & dissing Ultrademon & Zombelle:
http://www.noisey.com/blog/seapunk-washes-up

#truth ?
mmmmmmmm

Post Posted

i can shed some light on this.

the Lil guys actually distanced themselves from seapunk. It's even evident early on in that article how it was just a joke and they didn't care to take it that far. Now that Shan and Albert have ran with it, now that it's been in the NY Times, HRO, etc (after all, they were all in on the joke from the beginning) The Lil's feel they need to take credit even though they don't want any part of it. They even act like they have been excluded when in previous tweets it's clear that they were distancing themselves from taking it seriously from jump. Doesn't matter though. Thee new internet culture includes appropriation (collage, heavy sampling) anyway. Same shit happened with Witch House. Travis Egedy coined it but now he really doesn't even like being categorized as such and has distanced himself from it as well. so... that's what's up.
#missinglink