Iamamiwhoami

Rusalka

Iamamiwhoami

Post by Rusalka »

I couldn't see a topic in relation to the Iamamiwhoami project... so I thought I'd start one anyway, I have been in love with them for a while now.. and it would be great if I could turn any of you on to them. :)

'Iamamiwhoami is an electronic music and multimedia project headlined by Swedish singer-songwriter Jonna Lee, who was not offiically identified until the release of "b" and "o" when the fans soon guessed that Jonna Lee was the visually distorted lead singer. Before, there was a lot of speculation that she could have been Karin Dreijer Andersson (The Knife, Fever Ray, Honey Is Cool'), Lady Gaga or even Christina Aguilera. Lee's identity was confirmed with the release of the video for "t", in which her face was fully revealed without any makeup or distortion to conceal her identity. The rest of the project still remain unidentified. Though it is almost certain that "o" was directed by Viktor Kumlin, who is also the director of Lee's music video for "Something So Quiet". Videos released from the project's YouTube channel have spread virally. To date, iamamiwhoami have released 23 videos, six of which are short, roughly one-minute long teasers. Their songs, song titles and videos are embedded with mysterious codes, involving letters, numbers, and symbolism. Iamamiwhoami have recently been discovered to be officially signed to D.E.F. Management, who is known for recording artists Moby, Röyksopp, Kleerup, Fever Ray, and Robyn.'

<3<3<3
Mcll

Re: Iamamiwhoami

Post by Mcll »

This project is high art. I have been having an exciting time watching it evolve and always being pleasantly surprised by how abstract but carefully designed the whole thing is. Really, incredibly brilliant.

Any news on a new album? Right now the webspace is empty: http://towhomitmayconcern.cc/
PaleN

Re: Iamamiwhoami

Post by PaleN »

Been into iamamiwhoami for about two years. I was BLOWN away beyond repair after discovering this hidden jewel.

It inspired me more then anything. I was excited. But yet I felt a sense of jealousy as someone was doing exactly what I had visioned but far beyond what I could have ever imagined. Her voice mixed with her character for this project is amazing.
She has been making music for a very long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF2ezQF-wUw