Bands On The Periphery Of WH

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
twinvessel

Bands On The Periphery Of WH

Post Posted

Just wondering what some of your favorite "dark(er) indie" type acts?
For me it'd definitely be:

Trust
Purity Ring
Grimes
CREEP
Crystal Castles
Light Asylum
Zola Jesus
Austra
Last edited by twinvessel on March 24th, 2012, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//maogra\\

Re: Bands On The Periphery Of WH

Post Posted

YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FREIND :shock:
//maogra\\

Post Posted

i really all of the artists and bands you posted, but i also like, fever ray, the knife, Coil, Aphex twin, Venetian snares, bjork, and a few others i cant remeber
twinvessel

Post Posted

//maogra\ wrote:i really all of the artists and bands you posted, but i also like, fever ray, the knife, Coil, Aphex twin, Venetian snares, bjork, and a few others i cant remeber
Ooh good call! I was talking more new/recent type acts but sure those are all amazing. Yeah Im a huge fan of Karin Andersen and anything she does(didnt even hear of her til the Royksopp collab) Coil=amazing and a legend. Yeah Im a big fan of Skinny Puppy, Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Coil, The Normal etc and all that old school industrial. Also a big fan of Wumpscut and then a lot of goth/darkwave/neofolk/martial industrial. I got out of being into modern EBM as I no longer could identify with it.

Love Bjork, was just watching her video collection the other day. But yeah I see so much influence drawn from Karin Andersen and Kate Bush with current artists. I also dig the viral project iamwhoiamwhoami.
roomoflove

Post Posted

yooooo i love all those bands are folks into nurse with wound or lustmord? i've all also been on a big SWANS kick. i'm a big fan of mike gira and all his related projects too like angels of light. also does anyone remember pigface?
iamthesunset

Post Posted

I was gonna say a lot of what you already posted, but my two other chip-ins are:

Saltillo
Hearts Of Black Science

Both worth checking out, big time.
sadore

Post Posted

Ooo all good ones! I like a lot of the more IDM type stuff too (Gridlock, Blutspan) or some off the wall stuff I'd really recommend :D (Lorn, Die Antwoord)
camelvianeedle

Post Posted

Fever Ray is either witch house or on the periphery, right? It's witch house if that's what we want to call it, really.