Bands On The Periphery Of WH

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
twinvessel

Bands On The Periphery Of WH

Post by twinvessel »

Just wondering what some of your favorite "dark(er) indie" type acts?
For me it'd definitely be:

Trust
Purity Ring
Grimes
CREEP
Crystal Castles
Light Asylum
Zola Jesus
Austra
Last edited by twinvessel on March 24th, 2012, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//maogra\\

Re: Bands On The Periphery Of WH

Post by //maogra\\ »

YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FREIND :shock:
//maogra\\

Post by //maogra\\ »

i really all of the artists and bands you posted, but i also like, fever ray, the knife, Coil, Aphex twin, Venetian snares, bjork, and a few others i cant remeber
twinvessel

Post by twinvessel »

//maogra\ wrote:i really all of the artists and bands you posted, but i also like, fever ray, the knife, Coil, Aphex twin, Venetian snares, bjork, and a few others i cant remeber
Ooh good call! I was talking more new/recent type acts but sure those are all amazing. Yeah Im a huge fan of Karin Andersen and anything she does(didnt even hear of her til the Royksopp collab) Coil=amazing and a legend. Yeah Im a big fan of Skinny Puppy, Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Coil, The Normal etc and all that old school industrial. Also a big fan of Wumpscut and then a lot of goth/darkwave/neofolk/martial industrial. I got out of being into modern EBM as I no longer could identify with it.

Love Bjork, was just watching her video collection the other day. But yeah I see so much influence drawn from Karin Andersen and Kate Bush with current artists. I also dig the viral project iamwhoiamwhoami.
roomoflove

Post by roomoflove »

yooooo i love all those bands are folks into nurse with wound or lustmord? i've all also been on a big SWANS kick. i'm a big fan of mike gira and all his related projects too like angels of light. also does anyone remember pigface?
iamthesunset

Post by iamthesunset »

I was gonna say a lot of what you already posted, but my two other chip-ins are:

Saltillo
Hearts Of Black Science

Both worth checking out, big time.
sadore

Post by sadore »

Ooo all good ones! I like a lot of the more IDM type stuff too (Gridlock, Blutspan) or some off the wall stuff I'd really recommend :D (Lorn, Die Antwoord)
camelvianeedle

Post by camelvianeedle »

Fever Ray is either witch house or on the periphery, right? It's witch house if that's what we want to call it, really.