anyone into metal?

DWNS†▲†Ξ

Re: anyone into metal?

Post Posted

mostly old black metal now, Gorgoroth, Burzum, Darkthrone. Im getting old ye see, im 30 this year, i guess when i was 16 to 18 i was heavily into metal like my life depended on it ! Machine Head, Fear Factory, Slipknot, Sepultura etc. They all went total shit though imo after like 2002 or something. Why is it that all good BRUTAL metal bands go a bit gay and wimpy over time. Fear Factory got lame, Slipknot lost the brutal-sound after the second record, i'll admit iwas a fan of Hybrid theory at the time it came out......jesus LP wtf happened to those guys haha, their shit is so lame nowadays. Now i search for ambient/doom/black metal - like 'Murmurre', stuff like that. Me like that shit.
"Nothing shocks me, I am a scientist"

Post Posted

All about Pallbearer these days, new The Secret album is amazing too.
Boytrap

Post Posted

Dont know wether i like that war cross cover or not. i like, like, shields and all, but the small swords somehow ruin it.

i wanted to post that album from this humble guy right here in the usual forum, but then i found the "other" thread and then this one and now the humble guy somehow is pretty much buuurrrieeed.

Whichs a pity somehow. Clearly. I even think he got a witchy touch, which was something i wanted to underline, anyway. i think how he screams against that purple melodys is great, and its got that desperate touch.

enjoy.

http://sleepingpeonies.bandcamp.com/alb ... -a-r-i-n-g
levvis

Post Posted

Neurotic wrote:I'm not a big metalhead but I do totally idolise Justin Broadrick and got infatuated with Xasthur (his music) a while back. If anyone can point me toward stuff that sounds like the early Jesu releases (slow, crushing but beautiful, no ego nonsense), please do so as I've fallen in love with the self-titled Jesu record and Heartache so much that in the absence of stuff with that indescribable feeling I've started making it myself. Probably post it up at some point.

Something about Brummies making the best metal - Broadrick, his ND compadre Mick Harris inventing the blastbeat, the mighty Sabbath.

Ooh, I like Prowler In The Yard by Pig Destroyer a lot as well - parts of it just sound inhuman, and not just the robot voice bits.
Have you heard of iroha? its like jesu and shares a member in that dirmuind plays bass for both bands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89aoFEkzs28

also along the same lines is nadja from canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQndXceGs3M

As for me i grew up listening to bands like intergrity, ringworm etc as well as blut aus nord and deathspell omega
skvllparty

Post Posted

levvis wrote:
Neurotic wrote:I'm not a big metalhead but I do totally idolise Justin Broadrick and got infatuated with Xasthur (his music) a while back. If anyone can point me toward stuff that sounds like the early Jesu releases (slow, crushing but beautiful, no ego nonsense), please do so as I've fallen in love with the self-titled Jesu record and Heartache so much that in the absence of stuff with that indescribable feeling I've started making it myself. Probably post it up at some point.

Something about Brummies making the best metal - Broadrick, his ND compadre Mick Harris inventing the blastbeat, the mighty Sabbath.

Ooh, I like Prowler In The Yard by Pig Destroyer a lot as well - parts of it just sound inhuman, and not just the robot voice bits.
Have you heard of iroha? its like jesu and shares a member in that dirmuind plays bass for both bands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89aoFEkzs28

also along the same lines is nadja from canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQndXceGs3M

As for me i grew up listening to bands like intergrity, ringworm etc as well as blut aus nord and deathspell omega

yo i'm playing with ringworm in a few weeks i love integrity too are you into god flesh (pre jesu)
levvis

Post Posted

yeah ive been a justin broadrick fanboy for years!
Nightbird

Post Posted

I see a couple of people listen to Burzum. While I would say he is not without musical talent, as a human being, I find him despicable.

Post Posted

Nightbird wrote:I see a couple of people listen to Burzum. While I would say he is not without musical talent, as a human being, I find him despicable.
he's just having a laugh. its all good
Nightbird

Post Posted

"he's just having a laugh. its all good"

601.. Not only is he (Varg Vikernes) openly a white supremacist (check his numerous interviews online), he is also a convicted murderer and an arsonist. He has hateful beliefs and is NOT "just having a laugh". So no, it is NOT "all good".
Neurotic

Post Posted

Get with the programme Nightbird. Confirming hoary old conservative attitudes is "brave" and "iconoclastic" now. Stick it to those in power like gays, racial minorities and rape survivors, not rich pseudo-individualist white men who're the real minority in all this. The poor babies. I'm all for ignoring the artist in favour of the art (Repulsion is one of my favourite films!), it's just easier when the artist isn't such a po-faced tryhard. Put him on the other side of the illusory political spectrum and a large amount of his fans wouldn't be so impressed - going to prison was a shrewd career move. I like bits of Burzum material myself, but the guy's stupidly overrated.

Thanks Levvi, I checked out Nadja and really like them!
http://soundcloud.com/dan-wreck
neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com
Mood music for moodswings.
Nightbird

Post Posted

@ Neurotic

"Stick it to those in power like gays, racial minorities and rape survivors, not rich pseudo-individualist white men who're the real minority in all this".

If I thought you were being serious.. I'd wonder which world you'd beamed in from..
Neurotic

Post Posted

I wasn't being serious, people with that viewpoint make me sick to my stomach. You know the type - pseudo-intellectual Social Darwinists who fail to realise that in any cull of the useless they'd be right at the top of the list. The sad thing is that there are people who think that masking kneejerk conservatism in an internet-age aesthetic is genuinely brave, instead of another way of backing up the status quo.
Neurotic

Post Posted

Neurotic wrote:I wasn't being serious, people with that viewpoint make me sick to my stomach. You know the type - pseudo-intellectual Social Darwinists who fail to realise that in any cull of the useless they'd be right at the top of the list. White people who call each other nigga, talk like idiot rappers and tell tired old sexist and homophobic jokes with a thin veneer of "irony" - in 2013 it's a mortal sin to actually mean what you say. The sad thing is that there are people who genuinely think that masking kneejerk conservatism in an internet-age aesthetic is genuinely brave, instead of another way of backing up the status quo.
F∆ILURE G∆TES

Post Posted

Into Black Metal for a number of years. Burzum, Wedard, Thy Light etc.