black metal

yeah_dad

black metal

Post Posted

witch house encompasses spooky occult shit do any of you guys listen to black metal sometimes?

right now my favs are Dolorvotre and Cripta Oculta. I also really like velvet cacoon and clair cassis style stuff. and bone awl-y shit too

what about you?
BackAlleyLurker

Re: black metal

Post Posted

Yeah I got a few Black Metal vinyls and tapes. You need to listen to Yoga. it's like the missing link between black metal and Witch house.
yeah_dad

Post Posted

shiiit i have that i need to listen to it more your right.
a-ni-tsa-s-gi-li

Post Posted

Michael Ford's projects are also spooky - Black Funeral and Valefor in particular.
PurpleScarlach

Post Posted

I'm a recovering Black Metal junky actually.
Still listen to some of the monolithic records, but generally dissapointed with how things turned out. The obscurantism is gone.
To be frank, my initial attraction to witch house was the whole black metal pastich aesthetics and underground ethos.
-PAX
yeah_dad

Post Posted

PurpleScarlach wrote:
To be frank, my initial attraction to witch house was the whole black metal pastich aesthetics and underground ethos.
exactly same with me. i actually discovered witch house in a "worst genres of music ever" thread on a raw black metal/power electronics forum. it was a link to exorcism of the hippies, i thought the song was really stupid the video was awesome but then it all just grew on me like a gross rash.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

I've just completed an order for this on vinyl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12XPTwx2S5Q
yeah_dad

Post Posted

inqusition are top tier black metal, good buy, i still havent heard album but the song on the link is cool.
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

My bro used to tell me about Inquisition and I never really bothered to listen to it until now. the whole album is cool enough that I'll probably take the time to listen to the earlier releases as well. I bought it on darkland records with some Graveland stuff ( great Black Metal. I very much like Fire Chariot of destruction and Fire of Awakening) and the new split 12'' from The funeral Orchestra (Funeral Doom metal. are you into that as well ?)
yeah_dad

Post Posted

I was never that into graveland, but i really like a couple bands like that, Hate Forest, Astrofaes, Goatmoon. for funeral doom i don't really listen to much of it but right now ive been digging Absum, and some Italian stuff, Abysmal Grief. I really want to buy this funeral doom tape on seedstock called Tony Tears. its occult funeral doom from Italy and its cheesed but cool.
WNTR

Post Posted

WIK/\N

Post Posted

Keep it Old school

Bathory
Possessed
Celtic Frost
Venom
Obituary
Necrophagia
Mayhem
Morbid Angel

\m/
▲▲▲ http://soundcloud.com/wik-n ▲▲▲

▲▲▲ http://wikan.bandcamp.com ▲▲▲

▲▲▲ http://www.facebook.com/THEWIKAN ▲▲▲
MorganeKS

Post Posted

I used to listen to hell a lot of black metal back.

Lately I'm kind of rediscovering my old music library and I'm surprised I happen to enjoy it as much as before.
Some of my favorite:
Ulver
Inchiuvatu
Anorexia Nervosa
Luna ad Noctum
[...]

By the way, thank for mentionning this Cripta Oculta band. I didnt know them at all until now, but I have to say the first songs I just listened on youtube from them were pretty good.
*+][+*
J<3LLY

Post Posted

Wow, Yoga is awesome! Also, Gnaw Their Tongues anyone?
BackAlleyLurker

Post Posted

J<3LLY wrote:Wow, Yoga is awesome! Also, Gnaw Their Tongues anyone?
Yep. I got my hands on the limited tape release "Tsutomu Miyazaki" and the "Die Mutter Wählt Das Todtenkleidchen" Cd from 2009 (the one compiling 2 eps +3tracks). Enjoyed both. it's really creepy orchestral mindfuck. Their latest, "L'arrivée de la terne mort triomphante" seems to be good but I never got around to buying it.